Cessan 172 - G1000 equipped

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotmiketx said:
And who cares about the G1000? The rest of that airplane is still 60 year old technology.

You got that right. I dont know why anyone really cares about this. At the end of the day a 172 is a 172 is a 172. Why anyone would spend the money to buy this airplane brand new is beyond me. Cessna really has a winner here. Congratulations to those designers. What a great job they have done. :rolleyes:

how about b/c some of us haven't 'advanced' to that point in our career to where we're flying jetstreams.

cforst513 - you don't need to be flying a Jetstream to know that climbing at 400fpm and 80 knots sucks @ss. :D

What does the 513 mean? Your birthday?

The nice thing about EFIS is there is no vacuum gyro so no slow gyro failure and any failures of the AHRS or pitot static system cause all sorts of red and yellow stuff to pop up all over the display. It's pretty easy to figure out what you have and don't have.

I I could be wrong, but I thought the FAA issued clarification for instrument checkrides using EFIS systems and eliminated partial panel, since it can't be simulated and isn't very probable.

bigD said:
cforst513 - you don't need to be flying a Jetstream to know that climbing at 400fpm and 80 knots sucks @ss. :D

What does the 513 mean? Your birthday?
400fpm? what kind of airplane you flying? our SP's climb well for piston singles - depending on how fast i want to climb, i can get 700-1000fpm easy, going fairly high. now i know you guys out there in jets and turboprops are chuckling to yourselves, but like i said, for a piston single ours climb well.

and yes, i was born on friday the 13th in May, hence the 513. keen observation!!

cforst513 said:
400fpm? what kind of airplane you flying? our SP's climb well for piston singles - depending on how fast i want to climb, i can get 700-1000fpm easy, going fairly high. now i know you guys out there in jets and turboprops are chuckling to yourselves, but like i said, for a piston single ours climb well.

and yes, i was born on friday the 13th in May, hence the 513. keen observation!!

Can you see any traffic in front of you when you're climbing at 1000fpm in your Chickenhawk?

traffic? i dont' have to look for traffic!! i have TIS!! :D:D

look, if i could fly your nice, shiny jets, i would. i've been flying since june 16. sorry if my experience is a tad limited for your tastes. i bow before you, mighty jet driver.

bigD said:
I've flown a glass 172.

It's pretty nice until you take off, and then you realize you're still flying a f'ing 172. :D

Exactly what I was thinking, give me the cheapest 172 to rent, I dont need all of that crap. Now if you are talking about it for training purposes then it is not a bad idea.

cforst - I'm just giving you some crap, man. I have no problem with a 172. I was a private pilot before I got to fly anything bigger than a 150. But you need to come down to Texas and do some flying. Take off at gross in 105 degree heat, and suddenly that SP doesn't climb so well. :D

Latest resources

Back