Cessan 172 - G1000 equipped

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metro752 said:
Yay, I'm a turd! So is Phil Boyer and his fancy jet!

Dear Turd,
I didn't realize Phil Boyer had a jet. I don't know why he would need one since the company that he heads has a corporate jet (as do many, many other companies including the one that employs me.)

Maybe you should send AOPA a resume. I'm sure you could a better job. Perhaps after seeing your ignorant rants, they'll have an opening for a new Executive Director or Chief Counsel.

Do you blame AOPA for closing MSY and NEW after Katrina?

The G1000 is pretty cool, but I sure don't like the fact that you can do a "partial fill up" of fuel into the fuel computer. The only option at this point is to fill the whole thing up. Pretty lame. Oh yeah, where the heck is the flight director. I'm sure it will be there on the Mustang, so it can't be that hard on the 172. Mo Bucks.........

bigDI've flown a glass 172.

It's pretty nice until you take off, and then you realize you're still flying a f'ing 172. :D
Exactly

pilotmiketx said:
Dear Turd,
I didn't realize Phil Boyer had a jet. I don't know why he would need one since the company that he heads has a corporate jet (as do many, many other companies including the one that employs me.)

Maybe you should send AOPA a resume. I'm sure you could a better job. Perhaps after seeing your ignorant rants, they'll have an opening for a new Executive Director or Chief Counsel.

Do you blame AOPA for closing MSY and NEW after Katrina?

Lmao you radical clown, Do I blame Boyer for closing MSY and NEW? Of course not, I blame George W. Bush!

Geronimo4497 said:
The G1000 is pretty cool, but I sure don't like the fact that you can do a "partial fill up" of fuel into the fuel computer. The only option at this point is to fill the whole thing up. Pretty lame. Oh yeah, where the heck is the flight director. I'm sure it will be there on the Mustang, so it can't be that hard on the 172. Mo Bucks.........

bigDI've flown a glass 172.

It's pretty nice until you take off, and then you realize you're still flying a f'ing 172. :D
Exactly

I am pretty sure the avidynes let you do a partial fill up.

Sounds like there are still some issues to be worked on for it.

414Flyer said:
Why they didnt put both on the same display, like every other efis, and like every hsi out there, well I do not know

That is wrong. I know a Collins ProLine IV has the G/S on the ADI and LOC CDI is on the HSI.
I'm pretty sure most are like this.

Thanks for the correctlon. Still seems a bit odd to seperate them.

Wouldnt it be neat if those screens could be put into instructor mode and the instructor could change the settings so that he could fail some instruemnts and gauges on the students and reset them.

This would be done from the instructor side and the student wouldnt know rather than reaching over and covering the instruemnts.

Last edited:
I'm talking about an unpredicted failure. kind of like in a sim. over temp, slow gyro failure, blocked static source, erroneous airspeed indications, etc. which the student needs to catch....

Latest resources

Back