• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Cessan 172 - G1000 equipped

navigator72

Total Time
1700+
I just flew in a Brand new Cessna 172 fully equipped with the G1000 avionics package and I have to say it is pretty sweet. Much different than the old puddle jumpers I am used to.

TrafficInSight

mmmm.... doooonuuuut.
Total Time
You really think AOPA is useless?

mtrv

Total Time
500-
navigator72 said:
I just flew in a Brand new Cessna 172 fully equipped with the G1000 avionics package and I have to say it is pretty sweet. Much different than the old puddle jumpers I am used to.

Yes, I see that Boeing is finally putting something that looks comparible, into their latest jetliner! :)

DrewBlows

Go Tigers!
Total Time
That thing has nicer computers than the CRJ (and a lot of other jets that I haven't flown). If you can master the G1000, the transition to a "glass" paneled jet will be no sweat.

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
Total Time
One aspect of the g1000 that is inexplicable, and potentially really bad, is that on the main display, the glideslope and localizer needle do not seem to be on the same part of the display.

The top part of the display with the artificial horizon has the glideslope, and the bottom section of the display with the "HSI" has the localizer on it. Why they didnt put both on the same display, like every other efis, and like every hsi out there, well I do not know

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
I've flown a glass 172.

It's pretty nice until you take off, and then you realize you're still flying a f'ing 172. :D

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Total Time
Metro752 said:
In the case of Meigs Field, very useless.

Justify what you are saying...what more could they have done...blown up the dozers on the midnight raid?

They got more email from their members about meigs than the temp shutdown of flying after 9 11...

Honestly, back it up.

Total Time
They could have actually kept the airport in existance if they didn't feel it was a waste of time. They didn't try hard enough, they didn't care. They got Bulldozed by Mayor Daley, who was comitting an illegal act.

If they can't protect Meigs Field, they cannot protect anything.

TrafficInSight

mmmm.... doooonuuuut.
Total Time
Metro752 said:
They could have actually kept the airport in existance if they didn't feel it was a waste of time. They didn't try hard enough, they didn't care. They got Bulldozed by Mayor Daley, who was comitting an illegal act.

If they can't protect Meigs Field, they cannot protect anything.

I see, and what planet were you living on at the time?

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Total Time
oodles
Metro752 said:
In the case of Meigs Field, very useless.

You turd, AOPA invested a lot more resources than anyone else to fight that battle, and it still isn't over. They continue to push for civil penalties. If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the courts for not issuing the Injunction. Or maybe at Daley, since he's the one who did it.

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Total Time
oodles
And who cares about the G1000? The rest of that airplane is still 60 year old technology.

Total Time
pilotmiketx said:
And who cares about the G1000? The rest of that airplane is still 60 year old technology.

Yay, I'm a turd! So is Phil Boyer and his fancy jet!

MauleSkinner

Total Time
pilotmiketx said:

unlike that 30-40 year old technology in the LJ-60 and CL-30 ;)

RichardRambone

Banned
Total Time
G1000 is super bada$$. Makes flying a great video game. You have to look outside to remember you're flying an airplane.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
dude, nice timing, i just got home from riding with 2 CFI's in a brand new 172 with the G1000 cockpit. amazing. simply put, this cockpit, once you get the hang of it, is mindboggling. it was so cool!!!!