Cessan 172 - G1000 equipped

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

navigator72

I just flew in a Brand new Cessna 172 fully equipped with the G1000 avionics package and I have to say it is pretty sweet. Much different than the old puddle jumpers I am used to.

You really think AOPA is useless?

navigator72 said:
I just flew in a Brand new Cessna 172 fully equipped with the G1000 avionics package and I have to say it is pretty sweet. Much different than the old puddle jumpers I am used to.

Yes, I see that Boeing is finally putting something that looks comparible, into their latest jetliner! :)

That thing has nicer computers than the CRJ (and a lot of other jets that I haven't flown). If you can master the G1000, the transition to a "glass" paneled jet will be no sweat.

One aspect of the g1000 that is inexplicable, and potentially really bad, is that on the main display, the glideslope and localizer needle do not seem to be on the same part of the display.

The top part of the display with the artificial horizon has the glideslope, and the bottom section of the display with the "HSI" has the localizer on it. Why they didnt put both on the same display, like every other efis, and like every hsi out there, well I do not know

I've flown a glass 172.

It's pretty nice until you take off, and then you realize you're still flying a f'ing 172. :D

Latest resources

Back