• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Centurion Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, In other words you are saying..... My ACMI sucks less than your ACMI.

you work for World?

At this point in time, I think World is the best ACMI, Atlas, then Gemini... but I think Gemini has the most upside, and the new slate they've gotten and new capital backing is going to either lead to great things, or nothing!

Really though, apart from those 3, the rest are just bottom dwellers.

Get off your horse, all ACMI's are bottom dwellers. We pick up the flying that nobody else can or will do. If you're seeking to define the "lagacies" of the ACMI world, it's pointless. Are you still going to think Atlas and World are the cream of the crop when your ACMI contract is lost to one of them? What about it it's lost to Kalitta or Tradewinds? They suck?

It's a very cutthroat world with short term contracts and furloughs, etc. My ACMI has not had a pilot on furlough since early 2002. I don't think Gemini can make that claim, nor Atlas. Do I think my company is better than the rest? NO. We all suck in our own ways.

It's well and good you enjoy your job at Gemini and I wish you luck in your career there. But don't try to make us at the "bottom dwellers" of the ACMI world try and feel lesser than you because we're not owned by the Carlyle Group.

No, actually I won't get off.. that's just it, the problem with ACMI is that people try to lump them all into one group.. there is a world of difference between how an ALPA contract operation like Gemini, Atlas, etc operate and treat their pilots than the type of crap that goes on at the likes of Centurion.

I've got close friends at Kalitta and they would trade with me in a heart beat, why? the quality of the operation... Gemini has the experience in ACMI that few others have, the newer equipment that many don't have, and most importantly the pilot group which is united under ALPA.

So no, I will not lump Gemini in with Centurion.. as much as you'd like to hear me do that.

you work for World?

At this point in time, I think World is the best ACMI, Atlas, then Gemini... but I think Gemini has the most upside, and the new slate they've gotten and new capital backing is going to either lead to great things, or nothing!

Really though, apart from those 3, the rest are just bottom dwellers.

No, I work for an ACMI killer.

No, I work for an ACMI killer.

Not sure what can kill an ACMI other than another ACMI... in the end, it's about providing airlines with excess capacity in peak demand moments so they don't have to have larger than necessary fleets. You do understand that, right?

First off pal... you never once tell me who you work for.

Secondly, it's not all about ALPA as but yes, ALPA is the best union to represent pilots, not some damn trucker union! World has been around a while and is a tight pilot group so Teamsters has done well for them but just read our friends post above and how well Teamsters has done for Centurion.

it is about union vs non-union. There are a lot of non-union ACMI that are dragging us down with them to the bottom in terms of pilot work rules and pay.. Moreover, ABEX and Astar are not an ACMI, they are in a whole different league and I can only hope Gemini gets to be as big. Kitty Hawk is also an ALPA carrier with pretty darn good work rules and pay.. so don't YOU lump them all together either, just so you can try to paint me into a corner.

But the likes of Cargo 360, Express.net, Tradewinds, Murray, and other non-union bottom dwellers are the problem.. between them, and the idiots that think the Teamsters are going to save them from corporate greed, it's makes it pretty damn hard for an pilot group that is doing things the right way to compete.. In the end, the mediator only needs to point at one of those bottom dwellers and say.. "well, Centurion does that.."

No, you need to learn a thing or two about the business.. I may be new to ACMI, but I'm not new to flying and I'm not new to unions..

Now, tell us what this company you fly for is that we can all hold it up as a role model? It better be Atlas or Polar, or you're wasting my time.

NOTAM I

V70T5 does not represent Gemini Air Cargo pilots feelings toward other ACMI. So please understand he is new and is all happy about flying an MD-11. Give him some time to understand that we are all in the same boat.

NOTAM I

V70T5 does not represent Gemini Air Cargo pilots feelings toward other ACMI. So please understand he is new and is all happy about flying an MD-11. Give him some time to understand that we are all in the same boat.

ouch..

V70T5 Welcome to Gemini. Make the best out of it and learn as much as you can. In the airline business you might be on top for a few years (not meaning that Gemini is the top) but don't forget that at some point you'll be at the bottom. Once again welcome to Gemini.

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you do vote ALPA in ... I'm a 8 year member, and I am a believer in One pilot union. Sorry if my passion for my profession got the better of me.. you can't take this personally as I don't know you.. for me it's all about raising the bar.. YOU CAN'T DO THAT WHEN PEOPLE ARE RACING YOU TO THE BOTTOM.

Remember those last words.. I'm done here.

#1 Bottom Feeder

I'm not into putting down one carrier over another, but I like to consider us(Atlas) as the Premier Bottom Feeder:laugh:

Now getting back to this thread, I have a friend who was hired at Centurion, and was jerked around on his IOE and then furloughed shortly after that, he had nothing good to say about CENTURION!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back