Central Air Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Future SNA said:
There was some other Habib that worked there that straight told me to go one night, when waiting for a line to clear was undoubtedly the best thing to do, so when people say they don't pressure you, I guess I can't agree.

Overall, looking back, it was fun (I had dead of the winter Northern route mind you), but I still can't figure out why I didn't join the military earlier.

Oh, thats just Ronnie for you.

I couldn't join the military because I run a 15 minute mile...

ronnie is still an assh0le with no life. the way to handle him (still is) was to tell him " go fck yourself I 'm not doing it". since he knows is ass is grass if MrT or Murray found out he was pushing you, he never said anything and just complain about you to the dispatcher.

he does that because he is stupid enough to fly on any condition, he thinks that makes him special ( specially retarded that's all) but note how he only tries that at night or very late afternoon when murray and JT are gone , specially after 10pm when he knows they are not checking the weather and flight tracker in their home computer because they are sleeping.

Central is by far the safest,and nicest 135 piston twin outfit out there.

SNOWBUM said:
Central is by far the safest,and nicest 135 piston twin outfit out there.

I might agree with you if you are talking cargo only. But even then that statement is a stretch. It is however a good 135 cargo operator to gain real world experience at. I would recommend them to any 1200hr CFI looking to get out of the right seat of a cessna and into a really, really, fun plane!

Way2Broke said:
I would recommend them to any 1200hr CFI looking to get out of the right seat of a cessna and into a really, really, fun plane!
True, I'd recommend them too..., but also like FutureSNA said,

"Having been trained by some quality places, if you are a 1200 hour CFI wonder going there, god help you if your run is difficult and the weather is bad. Their training is short, if you don't have the skills prior to coming, you could be in trouble."

I was thankful that I had a lot of prior single-pilot, hard IFR, 135 experience before getting on there. I ended up being somewhat of a training captain for several new-hires during my last couple of months there. OMG some of those guys they hiredwould have bit it if they would've turned them loose. I had to fly with a guy, who had been hired and passed a checkride, for 3-4 weeks before he was safe to go solo! He was an MEI, CFII as well. We started the first night with him in the left seat (remember, after passing the checkride) for a quick night of IOE and then he'd take over the run... he couldn't hold straight and level VFR! I had to retrain him to fly instruments in the middle of winter at its worst.

In situations like those, guys with no real weather experience can get into a world of hurt in the blink of an eye, and I'm sure y'all would agree. I'm not knocking the training there at all, but it's just like most 135 freight ops...it's quick and over before you know it. Everything changes outside the training environment. The Commander is a very docile and forgiving airplane, thankfully, but make sure your instrument skills are sharp!

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how hard it is to get tulsa? I live near there and would love to do a little Frieght Doggin for a change. I have 121 turbo prop experience, but its all SIC. What will they think about this?

Thanks, J

I don't know about getting TUL (they put you where they need you) but, getting a job there is pretty easy if you have 1,200TT along w/ the rest of the 135 PIC mins.

You might want to update your profile. If you've flown 121/Commercial ticket you should have more than 220TT.

You might want to update your profile. If you've flown 121/Commercial ticket you should have more than 220TT.

I dunno, some of those regionals will take anyone these days... I had a SIC fly with me at CAS that went on to XpressJet with not much more time than that.

What frax did you get on with after CAS? I was a generation or 2 before you up at GRR.

Two of us based in GRR got hired w/ Northern Jet Management next door to Rapid Air. NJM is a great place so far. Just got our type at Flight Safety in ICT.

Latest resources

Back