• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful, once cargo gets in your blood its hard to get it out! (or is that just me?)

Dodge4SRT said:
I worked there last year and was based out of GRR. I built the multi-time up, did the 6 months and left. Overall, I would probably do it again. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hey Thanks!

Overall, how did you find the pilot group and other guys to work with??

Also, is it a load your on cargo type of place and whats the schedule like??

I'm just trying to find out if its someone like Key Lime which is to be avoided. Anyway, appreciate any input you have.

Cheers

M-F schedule. Load yourself, unless you fly an Airnet route...easy stuff to load and unload. Far from Key Lime Air. All the pilots I met were cool, watch out for the SIC's though.

Central Air

I work at CAS, company paid for my ATP yesterday and passed. PM me for more info. It's a good company to work for plus great experience. The owner and D.O. will treat you just like you treat them. Everything is based on having a good attitude here. They won't push you when the weather is bad. They would rather cancel the flight than hurt someone.

I would highly recommend CASW as a time building job! I was critical of them at one point, but that was only because of my own inexperience with the real world of flying. I loved flying the commander, and would love to fly it again.

I think they still have the SIC program in place for lower time folks to get the time required to transition to the left seat, or move on. At one point, they had a Letter of Authorization from the FAA so folks could log SIC time in the right seat. I flew in both seats and benefited from doing so.

John Towner used to be the CP/owner and I remember an English fellow, by the name of Murray. Murray had ZERO personality and wasn’t much fun to deal with. John Towner was very personable and sort of reminds you of Mr. Rogers.

By the end of the flying week, you are TIRED! With early departures and late arrivals, you are always able to sleep. This is a good place to build time and experience. The Commander s a good airplane and the single pilot IFR skills you gain are invaluable; you will enjoy flying the Commander. Kansas City is neat place to live, or visit. If you go to CAS, don’t forget to stop at Gates & Sons Barbeque (best you’ll ever have!)

Good luck

I thought MB was a great guy while I was there. :)

I use to fly for them two years ago. Preferential hiring is given to those in their SIC program. The SIC program is basically a pay for your flight time gig in the right seat with a guy in the left seat to baby sit you. They do hire pilots off the street that aren't in the SIC program but only if there aren't any SICs qualified to move up and do the job. Given the present situation with all of the regionals hiring I would assume that they're probably short and looking for pilots. The maintenance is much better than your average 135 operator, but the airplanes are all 1960 model AC-500Bs. Therefore, you are definately going to experience plenty of mechanical problems on the line...that's the nature of the job. All in all it's a great place to build multi time. I understand the pay has gone up for those on probation (first six months) from 1500 to 1700. I worked there when it was 1500 and that was rough. the aerocommander is without a doubt the best airplane i have ever flown and i would take a low paying job just to have the privilege to fly that airplane. i worked there for a year and left absolutely in love with that plane as it saved my life quite literally many times. probably one of the finest machines ever built. the contract is not 12 mo. it has always been 6. mos. Murray Brown is the Director of ops. and is a pretty hard core brittish guy that can put you through a ringer of a checkride, but the chief pilot john towner is a very quite and gentle man that looks like a light breeze would blow him over. but he is very nice. it's a good place to work, and i would definately recommend it ovre flight express.

Latest resources

Back