• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CC Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CLT ramp is so quiet now and somewhat boring without all the Jetstreams racing around the concourses to spot 2! Many fond memories and learning experiences under the "Carolina" call sign.
How bout this one...

One day going into CLT for 36R, we were behind a Shorts on final and cleared the visual...COntroller comes back and says caution for wake turbulence behind the Shorts...I came back and said "you mean caution for the Hog Wash."

Then after that some on the radio sqeals like a pig....

Dead silence on the radio for about 3 minutes....

I miss those days...

Here's to Harley...one of the funniest guys ever at the Chicken

The only thing that I have close to that is calling BA's 777 into CLT a "speedturd"...after calling in the "times" Ed laughed when I was summoned to his office in the trailer with Matt F. We smoked a few butts together still laughing about what I had done.

Heyas,

We were following a mainline 737, who was following a CC 360 into CLT one day. Controller says : USAir XXX, you're following a Carolina Shorts 360, #2 cleared to land".

Mainline guy comes back with "well, we had 'em in sight, but we lost 'em over the trailer park".:laugh:

And who could forget: "Piedmont (or Carolina) XXX, contact departure, and a goooooooooood daaaaaaay"

Nu

Last edited:
how about 1-900

hey

here's some tidbits.

landed at HTS with 1-900. some corporates guys heard that voice and
taking off said ," Man , I'd sure like to meet her."

I replied taxiing in, "No you wouldn't"

she was caught taking a raincoat full of toilet paper out of HKY's maintenance closet.

used to eat raw potatoes while flying. read her college textbooks.

she drove around with a canoe strapped to her blazer, year round.

when asked why? she just mused , no where else to put it.

she told me she had made a bathtub a cat litter box. cleaned it once a year

she's what we call , "A NICE 'UN"

I was in the crew room one day when 1-900 pulled out some old chinese food from that nasty fridge. She looked around and asked if it belonged to anyone and noboday said anything. I thought she was going to throw it out since it was pretty nasty......She sat down pulled out a fork from her bag and proceeded to eat some two month old leftover chinese.

I did my IOE with the Maestro and he told me to always remember one thing when taxiing on the CLT ramp: "Taxi with authority!!!!"

I do think Naw Naw is still up in the trailer in LYH and Capt. Qualude quit the industry all together.

I remember my first 4-day in the Jetstream with 007. It was August and hotter than homemade hell. On day 4 she pulls a porkchop in a ziploc bag out of her flightcase. I asked her where she got it and she said she brought it from home. She said she kept it in her suitcase during the day and then iced it down in the hotel room at night!

The really nice thing about flying with her in August though was the fact that she refused to bathe in hotel bathrooms.

Heyas,

>>Capt. Qualude quit the industry all together<<

It's funny how you look back at the people who quit the biz. I do, and it is a LOT of people, including myself.

If you asked them, would they say they were happier/better off? If you asked me, I'd say "yep".

Nu

Anyone know what Grandpa ended up doing down in AGS? And is doom and gloom(earnhart sr. look alike) still flying or is he gone?

Roys Raiders....

I love how you guys had nicknames for everyone.

Everyone had a nickname....had to....all the crazy stuff we did, we had to come up with alias's to protect the guilty...I mean innocent. We also had Roy Raiders Numbers...Aw, the days of the short count

Remember Joe Cool and E F and what happened to them in 92 in TYS on that training flight? Here's to ya lads...Joe Cool, E F and Harley:beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back