• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo Gig Advice?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I'm a little late here but I'd like to talk about this dentist comparison.

A Dentist sleeps at home with his wife...

Was this supposed to be a positive or a negative about being a dentist?

One thing that both dentists and pilots have in common. If you're not careful and wearing protection while you're drilling, you could get AIDS.

That is all... resume your bickering. :)

Do yourself and your family a big favor. Get on amazon.com/ebay/. Buy every Dave Ramsey book that you can find. Start with. The total money make over. Read them. Live your life by the principles he talks about in his books. Then you will enjoy any flying job you have, and you will not worry about furlough constantly. This is what I have found anyway.

Dave Ramsey is a tool. Save more, spend less. I just saved you $19.95 times each book.

You're welcome.

I know I'm a little late here but I'd like to talk about this dentist comparison.

Was this supposed to be a positive or a negative about being a dentist?

One thing that both dentists and pilots have in common. If you're not careful and wearing protection while you're drilling, you could get AIDS.

That is all... resume your bickering. :)

Why did the pilot put a condom on his antenna?

So he wouldn't get NAVAIDS

2 cousins are electricians and 1 brother is a plumber, all 3 are hitting the unemployment line now. both cousins have considered becoming a pilot for better job stability.

The whole plumber vs. pilot debate is fun and all but let's get back to what the original poster was asking about (how to get into cargo).

I hear pilotyip works for a good outfit, and I think they may still be hiring. One of my friends just got a job there. Try sending him a PM.

2 cousins are electricians and 1 brother is a plumber, all 3 are hitting the unemployment line now. both cousins have considered becoming a pilot for better job stability.

That's funny. My brother in law is a plumber and has never been busier. In fact, he's hired 10 employees this year. The fact is, the baby boomers are aging and staying in their older homes now, rather than buying a new second/retirement home in Florida or someplace. The handyman/plumber/electrician business is booming.

Another factor driving the healthy business in the 'trades' is that for 20 years people have been brainwashed to go to college rather than learning a skill. Very few people have the skills to be a plumber or an electrician.

The opposite is true for aviation. Stagnant, no growth, age 65, and too many boneheads (like the people in this thread) willing to do this job for next to nothing because they think it's fun. Lots of rich daddies paid for their loser kids to go to ERAU or somewhere when these underachievers should have learned a trade.

I think your cousins and brother are probably lazy and don't want to work. Plenty of work out there for guys that want it. Lazy ones can go stand in the unemployment line.

Another factor driving the healthy business in the 'trades' is that for 20 years people have been brainwashed to go to college rather than learning a skill. Very few people have the skills to be a plumber or an electrician.
BINGO give that man a cigar, the only reason to go to college is to learn something that leads to a job that will pay you a lot. I think many middle class parents feel themselves a failure if their child pursues learning a trade, and would much rather have them get a degree in French History. We are training less engineers than we did in the 60's, even thought college enrollment is up 400%, however have had 1000% increase in communications majors. Students go to college by the 1000’s but graduate with no marketable skills. BTW My brother-in law, owns a Muffler Shop, (non-college graduate) lives in a neighborhood with Doctors, Lawyers. In addition, other professionals because he makes over $200K per year. Sends his kids to private schools, lots of vacations, etc. You fly airplanes because you like to fly airplanes, if you want to make money go to a trade school out of high school and run a muffler shop.

Latest resources

Back