Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LXApilot

Owes More Than He Makes
Hey guys- I've been out of flying for about six months while I was finishing my bachelor degree. I'll be done in about two weeks. Currently I've got about 5,200 total time and 1,100 turbine PIC. I flew at the commuter airlines for just over 2 years and have flown FAR135 the rest of the time as a Captain. I'm interested in going back to full-time professional flying as soon as my degree is complete but would like to try the cargo side of the business since I've already flown the commuters. Can anyone PM me some suggestions regarding who I should look into?
I appreciate all of your opinions and support. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

With those kind of hours I'd be looking into Atlas.

Southern Air, once they start hiring again, might be a fairly good place to start again. But I wouldn't expect that until they get their 400's, and that might not be for another 6-8 months. Maybe sooner.

Unless you live in Miami and are of direct Cuban descent (i.e., you floated over in a rubber raft flotilla), or are a masochist, I'd avoid any and all Miami-based operators like the Latin plague.

But really, you've got the quals to get on at Atlas, so I'd focus 99.9% of my energies there.

Hey guys- I've been out of flying for about six months while I was finishing my bachelor degree. I'll be done in about two weeks. Currently I've got about 5,200 total time and 1,100 turbine PIC. I flew at the commuter airlines for just over 2 years and have flown FAR135 the rest of the time as a Captain. I'm interested in going back to full-time professional flying as soon as my degree is complete but would like to try the cargo side of the business since I've already flown the commuters. Can anyone PM me some suggestions regarding who I should look into?
I appreciate all of your opinions and support. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

My advice would be "get out while you still can"...but since you are already out, my advice is "stay out while you still can". ESPECIALLY cargo. When you're in your 50's, you will come back and thank me.

Use your degree and find something a cut above this circus. Buy an airplane to satisfy the bug.

Seriously.

My advice would be "get out while you still can"...but since you are already out, my advice is "stay out while you still can". ESPECIALLY cargo. When you're in your 50's, you will come back and thank me.

Use your degree and find something a cut above this circus. Buy an airplane to satisfy the bug.

Seriously.

Yes, go fly pax. 6 to 8 commutes a month and you will make a whole lot less money, get to commute thru airport screening with the general traveling public. Leave the cargo for those of us who enjoy making alot of money and have long blocks of days off.

....Can anyone PM me some suggestions regarding who I should look into?

How about this little outfit out of Memphis? Looks like you meet the mins.

Seriously.

The real question is Did you get out? If you did, then can you tell the poor guy how you succeeded? And if so then 1 more question.

1) What the f**k are you still doing on an online forum?

If not, then shut the hell up.

The real question is Did you get out? If you did, then can you tell the poor guy how you succeeded? And if so then 1 more question.

you took the words right out of my mouth.

Struck a nerve did I?

Let me impart on you some words to live by...

THE TRUTH ONLY HURTS IF IT SHOULD.

Latest resources

Back