• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo 360 just bought Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I suggest some of you read the Kalitta TA passes. You may gain some perspective on what a national union and patience can do for you. Good medical, pay raises, better QOL and future.

They have to let you off. Have the Squadron send a letter from the CC saying you have to perform mil duty. How the company wants to deal with it either by changing your days on etc is up to them. You wont be at work those days. No choice in the matter

Last edited:
When I mean we where getting around to that, we are in the process of certifying Teamsters. Which would hopefully mean at least gaining what Kalitta just received.

Kalittas new TA seems to have gotten them in line with what we already have at Southern Air... Why are we arguing over a bunch of non-skeds... Sounds like there are much more important things that need to be done and here everyone is arguing on flight info.

Having read both agreements I have to disagree that SAI is in line with Kalitta except the pay is close to what Kalitta will be. SAI has 20 day trips Kalitta 17, SAI has 10 days of vacation Kalitta 14 in the first five years then up to 21, SAI does not pay for deadhead in the first year Kalitta pays you half the block time. SAI has no match on the 401K Kalitta 2.5% for the first five years then 5%. Your right Kalitta is close to what SAI has. Neff seems to think bring on 10 airplanes in 8 years is great accomplishment, Kalitta will have done twice that number in the same time. By the way how many of SAI's aircraft fly? 7 of the 10? You guys at SAI have Stockholm syndrome, you really can do better, Neff's days are numbered think bigger, better and more. I am not arguing I am trying to find a reason to go to southern and not hang around to the end of Cargo 360 take my serverance package and be happy.

PS nobody has answered my question on the grievance process at SAI and how you will handle a owner that may drag its feet. Previous company was $10000 in cost to the union when the company took a grievance all the way to arbitration, can SAI in house union afford ten or more of those a year? I had five myself in six years thats $50000 in cost to the union for the company drag its feet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back