Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Guam360

spam and rice please
it is what I just heard from one our engineers in ground school. I actually heard the voice mail.

true or not.....?

What is the source of this rumor. It would be very interesting. I don't believe much until I see with my own eyes. I doubt there is any truth to it.

Holding Company

Well, to be precise, IF there was an acquisition, it would be Cargo 360's holding company Oak Hill that would be buying Southern.

That is my understanding as well. Oak Hill Capital would own both, then I speculate would merge them some how. I've been told it's going to happen. I'd be interested to hear the voice mail. If this does happen, let's work together for the betterment of the pilot group.

Oak hill may have purchased southern and yes they own Cargo 360 (Oak hill that is). Now we wait and see what happens.

That is my understanding as well. Oak Hill Capital would own both, then I speculate would merge them some how. I've been told it's going to happen. I'd be interested to hear the voice mail. If this does happen, let's work together for the betterment of the pilot group.

Merge them....my arse...why do that when they could play the Atlas Vs. Polar game and let the lowballing begin. I hope this rumor is a crock for both pilot groups sake.

As of this time neither Oak Hill, Cargo 360, or anybody for that matter has bought Southern Air. Not to say that couldn't change by next week, but for now SA is still owned by the Neffs.

Last edited:
The Neff's are looking to get out. Oak Hill is looking to expand their aviation foot print. It is not easy to merge two different operations it will be months if not years to bring the two together when the deal happens. Training, dispatch, Ops Specs, crew scheduling, The five mandated positions by the FAA, and more and more. Ask Atlas/polar, us airways/AM west, American eagle, Mesa, the list goes on.

Latest resources

Back