Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captains.. what do you do with your atlantic bucks?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Most CA give the first extra to the F/O; some will go every other if you have more on the same trip (we don't use Atlantic too much - still working on my first hundred).

2. You will get a 1099 if you get more than $600 in one year from any one program. Federal law: you are supposed to report it as income.

3. Some one suggested to me that you get AvTrip to make the savings bonds out to your child or grandchildren for a college fund. Instant savings plan and no taxes.

And I got five savings bonds last QUARTER..... Thanks, captains!

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his arse when he jumped.

Say what you want, I was there.

Gotta agree with flylow22 here.

So you're flying with a dick. Okay. You leave his bag in the rain on the other side of the country? So he's without his stuff. He's just gonna tell the company you left the bag and go get new stuff. Now YOUR the dick in the company eyes and you wouldn't be spouting off about that here.

Second, how's it work? He tells you at the door to stow his bag and you say, "okay" and take it to the cargo door and then leave it? As a Captain who NEVER expects or asks the FO to stow my bag I'd be pissed if you took it and then left it. I can see having the balls up front to say, "stow your own bag" or something to that affect, but to agree to take it and then leave it makes you a coward.

And what about your operations? Like flylow22 said this just screws up the operation. And your "dick head" captain just gets new stuff out of the deal. How'd you screw him? Weak story and I bet made up also.

the atlantic bucks are a great thing! I get about $200 a month....average. we split everything as with tips etc...that's part of being a "crew" and having mutual respect. You will get a 1099 but if you like, you can start a new card with someone's name on it and gift it to them. Nice for Bdays, kids. etc... my .02

I can't believe what I'm hearing about some of these tight captains! For me, it was never even a second thought to give the FO the odd Atlantic buck. Unreal.

I agree that giving the extra buck to the FO but if I'm flying with another captain, I'll split the bucks into two stacks and they get to pick which hand to choose from.

BTW, watch out for your AVtrip points, there is a Captain at NJ that says that he gets points for his FO's but takes all the points for himself...make sure to ask for your receipts. I've heard that he is still doing this even after I confronted him about it.

I believe I had the pleasure of flying with that guy. Or He will say "oh man, I totally forgot to give em your number.."

Very classy of the Captains to give the extra (or all) Atlantic bucks to the FOs! Kudos to those NJA pilots who also donate them to fellow pilots who find themselves in a tough spot and/or are unable to work for awhile. Numerous times I've read on the Union message Union board that Atlantic bucks are on the way.

When the NJ pilots were forming StrongUnion and setting up their own local many Atlantic bucks got donated to the cause. Thanks to all those who did that and to those who have donated to NJASAP.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back