Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captains.. what do you do with your atlantic bucks?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats theft, plain and simple. What fleet is he in? I'm not for outing anyone on a public message board, but if anyone deserves it he does. I split it 50/50 with my FO. My half goes to my wife. She gets to use the credit card for anything she wants.

Yeah, I would never out him on a public message board but I thought that all of you would like to know that there are these types out there. I guess he just doesn't care, and without running the risk of giving anything away, he is on the X....but I imagine that there are probably just as much of a chance to encounter this on any fleet. Just make sure that you get the receipt to be sure. I talked with another FO that was flying with this guy on a later tour and told him the story and that he should watch out for it, and he said that the captain got all defensive when he started asking for the receipts...interesting. He's probably still running this scam because he knows that FO's never ask for the receipts and by the time you check your balance, it's too late to do anything about it.

I give all extra rewards to my SIC. If I'm flying with another CA, then the designated SIC receives the rewards (just something someone started and became the norm). Like someone said-its only a few bucks here and there. No need to start some holy rewards war over it. Besides, its not like we're paying for the fuel to get the rewards, just another perk of non-121 flying.

I caught one CPT I was flying with keeping the extra one for himself everytime and telling me we both got an even amount. I called him out on it. He said, "well do you want them?" I said, hmm lets see, you make @ $50,000 a year more than me, who do you think should get them? He promptly handed them over.

I hope the guy I am flying with does not read these boards.. I am pretty sure he doesn't, but he keeps the extra atlatic buck every time..

He said "I get the extra one because I am senior to you, this is what senority gets you".. I thought to myself, this prick thinks he is giving me a lesson in senority...

Sets a poor tone in the cockpit and its just not right!

If you are the guy that keeps it, just rememebr what goes around comes around and your FO will probably be your boss someday down the road!

I flew with a guy on the X who gave me all of the Atlantic bucks/Avtrip, etc.

I remember topping off at Atlantic in PHL for a long flight and I wound up with about 150 atlantic bucks. I want to fly with him again!

I agree that giving the extra buck to the FO but if I'm flying with another captain, I'll split the bucks into two stacks and they get to pick which hand to choose from.

BTW, watch out for your AVtrip points, there is a Captain at NJ that says that he gets points for his FO's but takes all the points for himself...make sure to ask for your receipts. I've heard that he is still doing this even after I confronted him about it.

You were at BJC Sunday weren't you?

My half goes to my wife. She gets to use the credit card for anything she wants.

Hmmm....maybe your on to something ozpilot. I give my wife my check and spend the Atlantic bucks...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back