Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyf15, the key to his post is the last line: "a modest proposal."

Google it.

"I'm pretty laid back. . but I'll only let you run the radar when there isn't a cloud in the sky. . regardless of who's leg it is . . regardless of your upgrade class in 2 months."

I like getting a brief before I fly with someone for the first time. It's nice to know what to expect.

Okay so here's the plan see.....were going to fly this plane from here to there, land at some airport, drink some brews, chase some tail, get up and do it all over again. Any questions?

The captain's job is to be a pilot for the company and PIC of the aircraft. Though they may be very effective flight instructors and I admire those who are, its not what a captain is there to do. Its not the main part of their job description. If you're gonna do that, put the money saved in the captain's paycheck, not the FO's.

In fact, if a newhire FO goes all the way through general aviation training, gets interviewed, hired, and completes airline training yet still is not able to act as a required crewmember, they shouldn't be there. A part 121 airliner is not a basic aircraft and you shouldn't be receiving basic flight instruction in it. You should already know what you're doing by the time you sit down in one. Sure, there is going to be adjustment to the nature of the operation, learning technique for the aircraft, etc, but thats different than learning how to be an instrument pilot.

Those captains just look like they're not working as hard because they're experienced and know what they're doing. Captains are paid more because their a** is the one on the line. They're the ones who are making the tough decisions and the ones who have to answer for them later.

Dude, you are totally not laid back.

The captain's job is to be a pilot for the company and PIC of the aircraft. Though they may be very effective flight instructors and I admire those who are, its not what a captain is there to do. Its not the main part of their job description. If you're gonna do that, put the money saved in the captain's paycheck, not the FO's.

In fact, if a newhire FO goes all the way through general aviation training, gets interviewed, hired, and completes airline training yet still is not able to act as a required crewmember, they shouldn't be there. A part 121 airliner is not a basic aircraft and you shouldn't be receiving basic flight instruction in it. You should already know what you're doing by the time you sit down in one. Sure, there is going to be adjustment to the nature of the operation, learning technique for the aircraft, etc, but thats different than learning how to be an instrument pilot.

Those captains just look like they're not working as hard because they're experienced and know what they're doing. Captains are paid more because their a** is the one on the line. They're the ones who are making the tough decisions and the ones who have to answer for them later.

Somebody doesn't understand sarcasm.

this airlane that runway, lets make some money. go fast and pull back. any question?

my favorite brief from a captain?

"I am an FFDO. If anyone tries to breach the cockpit, I will defend it. You will fly the plane and talk on the radio. If you attempt to open the cockpit door in this scenerio, I am authorized to SHOOT YOU"

No kidding

Latest resources

Back