• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAPT Grounded - Karma Prevails!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have never answered the question. Why didn't you apply to ASA, or Pinnacle, or Chautauqua or republic?

I'm sorry, I was getting to the question. The reason I didn't apply to:

ASA
They were not hiring anyone at the time. CAPT promised to mail my resume to them regardless. I don't know if they did or didn't. And they never gave me a firm answer on it. And I never got a call from ASA.

Pinnacle

I opted out on Pinnacle because at the time I heard a whole bunch of nightmare stories how they were right up there next to Mesa as being one of the worst airlines to fly for. I may have been misinformed, but it scared me out of applying with them.

Chautauqua and Republic
These two airlines, and the rest of the airlines you didn't metion, wanted more time than I had. I believe the lowest was 800/100. I just didn't have the total time.

I did attend an American Eagle job fair. And they flat out told me they wanted 800/100. At least I got a t-shirt for my troubles. :)

Now, I graduated CAPT in October 2005. This means my grace period ends in May 2006. It wasn't until around March 2006 did I realize that CAPT took me for a roller coaster ride. Given the application process time requirements on a good day, I knew that by the time I was in with an airline that actually paid me, I would have been well out of my grace period. I was very concerned about making that first payment. So there I was...continue chasing this career with no money to pay the bills...or get a desk job and make good with the loan payments and feel like a honorable man. I opted for the latter. It's not flying an airplane, but I have my honor intact by keeping to the promise of paying back what I borrowed.

Life goes on for me...it just goes on with warning people about CAPT. It really is just that simple for me now.

Honestly, find out what the repercussions are for defaulting.

According to two independent lawyers, they both told me that due to the changed bankruptcy laws, what will happen to that loan is that it will go into a trust. And then, they will continue to garnish my salary until it's paid off. And, it will destroy my credit rating.

Or, I can just work and pay back the loan. And I keep my credit rating.

I opted for the latter. Of course, one of them did say that if I knew a good immigration lawyer, I could pay this person to help me get back into the USA after I disavow my citizenship and try to come back to the USA years later. Of course, this would also mean a new social security number and a very clean slate...including a wiping of all my certificates.

I appreciate your sentiment but I've explored my situation very thoroughly. At the end of the day, I'm just a victim of false advertisement. And I do fully intend to work to pay back what I took out because that is what I signed at the dotted line. And I will not reduce myself to the level of CAPT and ripoff people. I will not do this.

U graduate in 05 the hiring boom was around 07 wtf? Why didn't you apply. With the time you had you were managements perfect pilot. Some places were taking pilots that just got there comm multi with half as much time as you. Not trying to bust your balls, but you coulda been an airline pilot at least until you woulda got furloughed.

U graduate in 05 the hiring boom was around 07 wtf? Why didn't you apply. With the time you had you were managements perfect pilot. Some places were taking pilots that just got there comm multi with half as much time as you. Not trying to bust your balls, but you coulda been an airline pilot at least until you woulda got furloughed.

LOL, that happened to a friend of mine! Yes, there was a hiring boom. And they wanted 800/100. And it was coming down to 600/100. And eventually, it was coming down to 500/100. And I even saw 400/50. So I really didn't have the total time to qualify until 400/50.

In 2006, I was able to afford 22 hours of flying only because of sympathetic flight instructors who paid for some of the flights. I didn't have any money and getting paid $22000 just wasn't livable.

Don't forget, having total time isn't the end all. These airlines expected you to be recent and current. 22 hours over 12 months doesn't quite qualify one as being either. Man, thinking back, it really is pathetically funny in a sick way. CAPT sure knows how to knock the wind out of ya!

Dude I have no where near mins for airlines I want to work at. That doesn't mean I can't apply and try. What's the worst there going to tell me? Sorry you don't meet the mins. Cool Ill send you another app in another 100 hrs TT. The process just keeps going. Whats your current job paying 35K? Ya first year pay sucks but after time you will be making more at the airline than whatever your prolly doing now.

ASA absolutely was hiring and hired lots of people with less time than you. I have been flying with A LOT of them lately.

Not trying to bust your balls, but why didn't you BLANKET THE EARTH with your resume instead of depending on this scumbag outfit to do it for you?

Were you trying to go directly to Airtran?

Dont lose the faith, but it sounds like you dont have enough of a desire to do what it takes to get into flying.

Coopervane,

They were absolutely not hiring when I got out. ASA was my primary objective when I was nearing graduation. And they were not hiring. Their HR told our program that they were not taking anyone.

I haven't lost faith, it's just changed directions. It's not that I don't have a desire. I absolutely LOVE flying airplanes. I just don't have the money to support the desire anymore.

Hey man...I totally feel for you since you played the game and lost and I'm with you with outing a bad deal but you needed to do a little more research before you went all in.

Also it says you got out in 2005....I know that back then TSA (Unless I have my time-line all wrong with the last furloughs and stuff) and others should have been hiring like MESA.

Best of luck to you man...I'm rooting for you on your repayments in this tough time!

Salukipilot4590,

Thanks for the props. Just spread the word that CAPT isn't the place to do your flight training. That's the only message I hope people take away with. Everything else, including my past, is secondary.

Latest resources

Back