• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAPT Grounded - Karma Prevails!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup----the Ninja is a non-hacker who couldn't handle it........he brags about "the highest flight time" in the program, apparently not realizing that high time=slow learner.

I too have had several FOs from the CAPT program, and have been impressed with them.....much better than the average new hire.

Ninja, some people just weren't cut out to be pilots....maybe this is the category you fall into. The world needs lot of other professions, so maybe you will excell in some other field.

Like spelling?

I think before any of you jump down my throat, you should do a little research as to their business practices. I passed every class like everyone else. I graduated the program. I did my part. They didn't fulfill their part.

What you all don't know is the promises (read: lies) that they made before you walked into the door. They were pretty damn good at selling.

And no, I don't suck as a pilot. I was right up there with the rest of the other graduates. And the REASON I had high time was because I brought over 100 hours into the program. I already had my Private...but they wanted me to repeat it so that I can do it "their way". While I was there, I decided to fly more outside of the program, to distinguish myself above and beyond the photocopy resumes that every other cadet had. Believe me, I knew that their 225 hours of loggable total time wasn't going to impress any airline...I wanted more on my logbook.

Mickey,

They promised that the program was going to be completed in 10-12 months. I budgeted and based on my decision on 12 months. It took over 18 months.

They promised 7-9 "guaranteed interviews" and that "if you could graduate from CAPT, you are a sure hire"...those were THEIR words to us. It wasn't until we got there that we all realized that they got our money, had a $20,000 withdrawal fee, and they had NO airline affiliations. They managed to convince ASA and Pinnacle...and shorted a good handful of graduates into some cargo start-up (Focus Air) out of Ft. Lauderdale promising them FO positions on 747-200's after 2 years of service. Everyone that went there lost a lot of time to discover that was a lie.

They promised us G1000 trainers and G1000 Twin Stars for multi-engine training. We ended up getting steam gauges (which isn't the end of the world but it also wasn't what was promised), and the DA-42 was another exaggeration.

We all saw the writing on the wall, but what can you do when they got your money, and they were stringing you along with lies and empty promises? In that position, you shut up, don't make enemies, don't stir up the pot, and do as they say. After all, they got your balls in their hands. You'd be an idiot to stir up problems when they had your future in their hands.

They also promised us airline interview preparation class which was 3-days long. We got a 30 minute version with a pat on the ass that says, "be yourself". Yeah, I already knew that part...tell me something I don't know. Oh wait, they promised that they would, but didn't.

They didn't send out my resume to any airline until 5 months after graduation. Why? Because the program director at the time is incompetent. I have e-mails to prove this. Not that it matters since my career in aviation was effectively destroyed the minute they went over 12 months.

Anyway, I'm not going to convince any of you anything. You already made up your minds about me. It's okay, I'm happy that this program is going down. And all you need to know is that they are now playing the same song and dance with 160 souls who don't deserve the CAPT treatment any more than I or anyone else.

Mickey, today, I am working to pay my loan off. This is how I am taking ownership for the risk and chance and whatever else you guys want to call it with the CAPT Program. Some suggested I run out of the country and skip the loan. But no, I'm working to pay it off. Why? Because unlike CAPT, I have a sense of honor and integrity.

Max Q, you are absolutely correct. And I'm making a life mission to tell as many people as I can that CAPT is not the place to do your flight training.

Quite honestly, you all need to understand one thing. I have no intentions to pursue a career in aviation. Not that I don't want to, but I can't financially, and I'm not getting any younger.

My goal in life now with aviation is to tell people to avoid CAPT. That's it. End of story. Everything else you can speculate and judge without all the facts all you want. I really don't care. All I care is that people don't suffer any more at the hands of CAPT. It's just that simple with me now.

Do you want some cheese with your whine?
Graduated CAPT 10/2005 - Summa Cum Laude, Highest Time (459TT/101ME) of any graduate! No Job, Big Debt!
Tip: Stay away from CAPT!

Graduating Summa Cum Laude from CAPT is like getting a gold medal in the special olympics.

Sorry, JustaNumber but I had to repost this because it is the best thing I've read here in years! And it's so true!!!

Ninja,
I started flying in 1991, when the entire industry was in a huge slump. I was told I was crazy and stupid to be pursuing a career in aviation. I honestly thought that the best I would ever do would be to become a CFI, if I was lucky. (Even that was a tough gig to get back then). It took me a long time, and I worked for many companies since then, but I now make $80k/year as a jet captain, and life is pretty good. Don't tell me it is over for you. You've still got 28 good years left in you (maybe 38 by the time we get there!) Don't ever give up.

You admitted that you will now be forever embarrassed at that DC-9 type on your certificate at future interviews. You've inadvertantly admitted to the rest of us that you screwed up. What you are missing is that those words on your certificate are the biggest opportunity you could ever receive. You face your failure, own it, and tell the interviewer with your chin held high, along with a little chuckle, that that was your biggest screw-up in your life. Tell him how it almost ruined your life, tell him how you learned so many life lessons about what it really takes to succeed, and how you then went back and earned your CFI and struggled to earn the right to sit in front of him. I GUARANTEE that you will get the job. Because he will want to fly with someone like you who can admit your mistakes and learn from them. We all want to fly with someone like that. It's the pilots who slip through the cracks, who have never made a mistake that wasn't someone else's fault, who are jerks that no one wants to fly with. And if someone like that makes it to captain, they are triple-jerks, and dangerous ones at that. You do want to be respected when you make jet captain, don't you?

One last thing. I also once tried to take a short cut. I actually got some real heavy experience on my resume (before I got my CFI), but it didn't work out. But I learned so much from that experience, that I wouldn't have traded it for the world. It really was a crappy experience but I now know what it takes to make me happy.
Don't give up!!!!!!!!

When I first entered this aviation world, I was so blown away by how professional and how happy people were doing what they love. I always thought people in aviation was a cut above the rest. Yes, it was idealistic and naive on my part, but that was the lesson I learned. According to you, it cost me $101,000 to learn.

In this lesson, I realized that if I was taken, then someone else could be taken. And that became my mission. To try to reach out to those people so that they don't ever have to go through the mental and emotional anguish that I did, not to mention their hard earned money. I've reached some folks and their decision not to go to CAPT was firmly based on my experience. So as long as CAPT exists, I will continue to reach out to people who will listen. Ultimately, the decision is theirs. I can only hope they make the right decision.

Unfortunately, today, over 160 students will very likely face a similar reality that I did. If only the world read these pilot forums... *sigh*

My only goal in life is to keep people informed of the unethical practices of CAPT in hopes that people will never have to experience what I and some others did. My story is only to support that goal

Sooooooo now that the program is shut down, what are your goals? Seems like you are really preaching on deaf ears. What now write a book on how CAPT screwed you, how the system was tainted, but how through word of mouth, and message boards, you single handedly brought dooooooown the Evil Empire. Only not before they screwed their last victims. If only you had told your story louder and Faster, they could have avoided the same fate!

Can I get an Amen?

Start the book tour, do public speakings, maybe even bang an high school girl or 2. Answer questions on how it was to fly the DC9 Sim. Just make sure you charge about $1000/ Month for your services!

I used to be an instructor there until recently. The only thing that I will say about it is that there are about 30 hardworking instructors out of work for now. Several ex- regional guys, a couple of ex-major pilots, and for many of them CAPT was not there 1st CFI job. I think there has been talk that the school might reopen soon but nobody really knows. I just hope that all of my former colleagues can get work soon.

Do you want some cheese with your whine?
Graduated CAPT 10/2005 - Summa Cum Laude, Highest Time (459TT/101ME) of any graduate! No Job, Big Debt!
Tip: Stay away from CAPT!

Graduating Summa Cum Laude from CAPT is like getting a gold medal in the special olympics.

Agreed. I love when people brag about graduating Summa Cum Laude or Magna Cum Laude from some flight school Mickey Mouse "University"..

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back