• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cape Air getting Q400's or ATR 72's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 212's are OK, 212A are better (6 blades), but the 42-500's are rockets (compared to the other ones). Don't know about the CRJ vs. the Q400, but I heard the Q400 single-engine will exceed 250 KIAS below 10,000. Kick a$$

CA1900 said:
So which is going to have a worse impact on EWR: A 78-seat turboprop that can move fast until close-in, or a 37-seat jet that has to slow down farther out?

Check the joy of the delay programs this summer especially if you are low on the Continental slot food chain. The answer is neither...

TheGreatChecko said:
Are you talking about the ATR-42s they fly in Guam?

They apparently have three flying as Continental Express.

Actually, the have ATRs fly as Continental Connection...not Express.

The only airline currently authorized to use the "Express" name is ExpressJet.

CLE145CA said:
Actually, the have ATRs fly as Continental Connection...not Express.

The only airline currently authorized to use the "Express" name is ExpressJet.

CLECA,

Why wouldn't CO look at giving props to XJT, and just to CO Connection carriers? I know XJT used to have props, what's to preclude them from having them again? (I know you guys wouldn't be too thrilled, just curious.)

When they IPO'd part of the deal was that they would not operate turboprop planes again....ergo...no props on property or it's an SEC violation.

Mookie

NEDude said:
I have heard multiple variations on the same theme. Some versions say no 19 seaters. Some say no new turboprop flying at all. Some say there is a phase out time frame for all turboprop operations.

However CAL is talking about large turboprops with its connection partners, and EWR is widely talked about in those discussions. So that would lead one to believe that there is some room for props in EWR.

Source? Not likely. TP are not allowed into EWR any more and I doubt CAL would be interested in more delays in and out of EWR/IAH for equipment that can occupy jet space. Sabbs or ATR's for Commutair out of CLE would not be out of the realm of possibility.

Why wouldn't CO look at giving props to XJT, and just to CO Connection carriers? I know XJT used to have props, what's to preclude them from having them again? (I know you guys wouldn't be too thrilled, just curious.)

Express has stated in the past that CAL has approached them to do TP flying, but XJT said they could not do it any more and be profitable. We will see if that rings true once oil hits $70.00 a barrel.

I've heard that the flying would be out of IAD. This would be in addition to the GUM flying currently in place.

BLUE-ICE-MAN said:
I've heard that the flying would be out of IAD. This would be in addition to the GUM flying currently in place.

I've heard eating chocolate donuts, secretly, around the side of a 7-11 could earn you the nickname "cakes".

Headfake14 said:
I heard the Q400 will out climb the CRJ (VSI) up through the low teens...thats what I've heard, don't know for sure..

Maybe a light Q400 vs. a heavy CRJ. The plane does well down low, but it is still a prop. I think once the rj get some airspeed on it above 10k it does better than the megawhacker.

Mookie said:
When they IPO'd part of the deal was that they would not operate turboprop planes again....ergo...no props on property or it's an SEC violation.

Mookie

This isn't true at all. XJT simply has no interest in operating props.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back