Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BLUE-ICE-MAN

I will kick you in the...
Rumor on the streets is that Cape is going to get 70 seat flying in IAH soon?

Nah, A380's. We'll get those jets by june. You heard it here first.

Every Continental Connection affiliate is rumored to be getting large cabin class turboprops. CommutAir is rumored to be looking at the Q400. Cape Air the Q-400 or ATR. Colgan the Saab 2000. CAL is probably waiting to see who gets them first to shell out a bunch of new flying, both in IAH and EWR.

I asked Chuck Colgan about the Saab 2000 rumor and he went off to tell me about how Colgan will never be a jet airline?? He also told me he wished the rumor had never gotten out about the Saab 2000's as he would "hate to let down the pilots, it if they didn't get them."

Basically, I think Continental told all their affiliates that they would like to see them grow to larger airplanes, from what Chuck told me, but then he went back talking to how they will never be a jet airline, like he thought the Saab 2000 was a jet..

NEDude said:
Every Continental Connection affiliate is rumored to be getting large cabin class turboprops. CommutAir is rumored to be looking at the Q400. Cape Air the Q-400 or ATR. Colgan the Saab 2000. CAL is probably waiting to see who gets them first to shell out a bunch of new flying, both in IAH and EWR.

I don't think any new props are allowed to fly in to EWR anymore. I only see one corporate 328 in there.

I don't think any new props are allowed to fly in to EWR anymore. I only see one corporate 328 in there.

I have heard multiple variations on the same theme. Some versions say no 19 seaters. Some say no new turboprop flying at all. Some say there is a phase out time frame for all turboprop operations.

However CAL is talking about large turboprops with its connection partners, and EWR is widely talked about in those discussions. So that would lead one to believe that there is some room for props in EWR.

nimtz said:
Gee, just what EWR needs! More small fricking airplanes...

So which is going to have a worse impact on EWR: A 78-seat turboprop that can move fast until close-in, or a 37-seat jet that has to slow down farther out?

I heard the Q400 will out climb the CRJ (VSI) up through the low teens...thats what I've heard, don't know for sure. But of course it only trues out around 320-350...the ATR72 doesn't climb well at all and KTAS is about 270. Maybe the 72-500 is better, dunno. We have the -212s.

Latest resources

Back