Canadian regional pay -- prepare to cringe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 big differences....

Requirements to get hired at Jazz are tougher and they solved the whipsaw problem and don't have a "portfolio" to worry about....Hmmm....what a novel concept....

Just looking at the pay doesnt tell the entire story in Canada. Do you ever wonder why you see so many Canadians at the regionals in the States? (Including myself). To get onto Jazz isnt easy and you have to come into it with previous turbine time which you most likely got up north somewhere tossing bags, doing your own flight planning, scraping ice off the wings, fueling, etc all while being paid $20/hr and staying in ratty hotels in the middle of nowhere! Oh and as previously mentioned that $20/hr is taxed and the cost of food up north isnt cheap.

There is one school "seneca college" that sends a couple grads directly into Jazz but they arent able to upgrade until they have 250PIC (ICAO) not to mention Jazz upgrade times are extremely long at Jazz to begin with...Oh and dont forget they have to sign a contract.

So for someone like myself to come down and fly for the regionals in the states is a much better oppourtunity because by the time the people I have graduated with can even consider Jazz I will already be making captain pay and getting taxed less!

As for Air Canada mins they are posted at 1000TT but realistically arent even close to that. Everybody who gets into aviation in Canada has an end goal of going to Air Canada...so there is alot of competition. Going back to Canada with some jet/glass cockpit time should help me out but definately wont get me on at 1000TT.
I say take your azz back to Canada and get out of my country and save OUR jobs for OUR people. If it is tough in Canada oh well. We have it tough here too and we lose too many jobs to foreigners!

Do you now anything? Have any idea how many flapper heads come to the US for medical care? Why are doctors efficient here? Because the more patients they see the more they get paid. Go to Canada and prepare to sit there all day long. Much more than here. It goes north to south. Canada the longest wait, US less wait, Mexico almost no wait. Put someone on salary and they don't care how many patients they see. I've lived in Mexico and the US and spent considerable time in Canada. You don't want their crap. There's a reason the best hospitals in the world are in the US. Plus how can you admire a country that couldn't defend itself?

If you have not ever been to Canada and see for yourself the medical system then you are not qualified to comment on it. It is wonderful and it has it's problems. Just like the system here. Great yet only if you can afford it. Like any system there are faults. BTW Canada limits its doctors to "X" amount of patients per day.

As for defending itself....Do yourself a favour and look at the military history of Canada.
http://www.cmhg.gc.ca/html/default-en.asp
With a population as small as L.A. we hold our own. And have a culture to boot!

i hate canada glad to be an american. Well i dont really hate canada, just with all the money i spend on beverages when im there. whats up with that!!

The origins of Terrence and Phillip on South Park are because the first critics of South Park said it's nothing but horrible animation and fart jokes. So they created Terrence and Phillip which really are nothing but terrible animation and fart jokes.

I <3 South Park.

Do you now anything? Have any idea how many flapper heads come to the US for medical care? Why are doctors efficient here? Because the more patients they see the more they get paid. Go to Canada and prepare to sit there all day long. Much more than here. It goes north to south. Canada the longest wait, US less wait, Mexico almost no wait. Put someone on salary and they don't care how many patients they see. I've lived in Mexico and the US and spent considerable time in Canada. You don't want their crap. There's a reason the best hospitals in the world are in the US. Plus how can you admire a country that couldn't defend itself?

Haha, I love America, the only country where you can sit and watch people argue (and vote) against their own economic interest. As someone posted before, what good is it to have a perceived advanced medical level of care when you can't afford it. As always, in American society, being an individualistic society, people align themselves along their own affordability thresholds, i.e. "screw you I got mine". The sad part though is the cluster of people who align themselves against their interest in hopes fortune will trickle down to them as a function of attitude (the kool aid drinkers i.e. everybody can be Lebron James, everybody can be a lottery winner). I personally love what they got going in in MA, where they made it illegal not to have insurance but they didn't do anything to make it affordable, so people end up back in square one, but now dodging the state coffers too, awesome thinking capitalist joe.

It's like sitting with Darwin and watching the spotted owl bang itself against a rock.."look it's trying to eat" Just hilarious. Cost of insurance in this country is retarded, healthcare should be a utility in 2008; so what if that makes the pharmaceuticals and hospital management (and the workaholic doctors) throw a tantrum. Or we can go really progressive and go back to a man, a gun and a stake and re-distribute land and wealth the old american way, that should level the playing field and be non-commie enough for ya?

"Get off this estate.
What for?
Because it is mine.
Where did you get it?
From my father.
Where did he get it?
From his father.
And where did he get it?
He fought for it.
Well, I’ll fight you for it."

~The People, Yes

Addidng health care to our other set of utilities (mail, fire,police...) doesn't seem like that bad of a compromise considering our history.....

Now back to your regular programming.

One problem with Canada, they would not allow me to register my GTO there. I dont like the place because of it.

Latest resources

Back