canadian arrest warrent problems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Occam's Razor said:
Since you won't be taking your driver's license into Canada with you...
Why wouldn't he be taking his Driver License with him? Where would you recommend he leave it?

FN FAL said:
That is so insane, it is hysterical. The people that used to sell our bootlegers whiskey so that they could smuggle it back into the US during prohibition, have made DUI a felony? Insane.

OK, not trying to hijack, but I'm going on an Alaskan cruise next June, and have been the recipient of the dreaded Dewey award in 2001. I recall that they would stop somewhere in Canada....... Should I wedge a chair under the cabin door and refuse to come out, or what? Do you have to carry a passport with you? Sorry, but my hillbilly @ss ain't ever been on a big ol' boat that I wasn't throwin' a lure............

hoop said:
OK, not trying to hijack, but I'm going on an Alaskan cruise next June, and have been the recipient of the dreaded Dewey award in 2001. I recall that they would stop somewhere in Canada....... Should I wedge a chair under the cabin door and refuse to come out, or what? Do you have to carry a passport with you? Sorry, but my hillbilly @ss ain't ever been on a big ol' boat that I wasn't throwin' a lure............
It's getting that way, aint it...screw em!

I aint leaving the states any more and them countries can kiss my lilly white ass. My wife and I got passports 5 years ago ...since 9/11 my wife has changed her mind about going to Aruba this, Jamica that..."let's go to Mexico?"

Screw em...we'll spend our weekends in Shiocton at the city shooting range and the airport bar, long before we'll spend a dime traveling overseas. Screw them.

Last edited:
thank god i don't have a dui...or any other crime history for that matter. just a stupid traffic ticket. and my DL has changed 100 times since i've moved so many times to different states. seriously, should i let the sleeping dog lie?

Da Vinci said:
thank god i don't have a dui...or any other crime history for that matter. just a stupid traffic ticket. and my DL has changed 100 times since i've moved so many times to different states. seriously, should i let the sleeping dog lie?
I would follow the earlier poster's advice...maybe start out by contacting your own attorney and go from there.

and don't get me started on canada...like for example, quebec (whatever spelling) wants to join france...hey i'm not joking. they want to defect from canada - ok i'm over simplifing but certainly one of the main reasons is they hate english, and dare i say america....so sounds like france right?? i digress...

TonyC said:
Why wouldn't he be taking his Driver License with him? Where would you recommend he leave it?

Um...

1. He doesn't need to it fly.
2. He needs a passport anyway, so why bring the DL?
3. The DL was used to get the traffic ticket...so it was a subtle hint to LEAVE IT BEHIND!

Occam's Razor said:
Um... ...so it was a subtle hint to LEAVE IT BEHIND!
Hmmm...

Seems like shady advice to me. If he can't go there with his DL, maybe he shouldn't go there at all.

Anyway, you didn't answer the second half. Where should he leave it?

The last time I flew without my DL it was because we sanitized before Ops Sorties. If I took it out of my wallet these days, it'd wind up lost.

:)

Da Vinci said:
and don't get me started on canada...like for example, quebec (whatever spelling) wants to join france...hey i'm not joking. they want to defect from canada - ok i'm over simplifing but certainly one of the main reasons is they hate english, and dare i say america....so sounds like france right?? i digress...

Well, not exactly...a political party in Quebec, (the Parti Quebecois) actually represents those within the province that wish to have Quebec separate from Canada and form their own autonomous country. They don't want to "join France". The last referendum in 1995 I believe was incredibly close: 49.9 to 50.1 percent against separation.

The funny thing is they want to continue to use Canadian currency, and probably those who have cush jobs with the federal government are voting no each time...

TonyC said:
Hmmm...

Seems like shady advice to me. If he can't go there with his DL, maybe he shouldn't go there at all.

Anyway, you didn't answer the second half. Where should he leave it?

The last time I flew without my DL it was because we sanitized before Ops Sorties. If I took it out of my wallet these days, it'd wind up lost.

:)

Here's the original post: "anyway...one trip i failed to see a stop sign and got pulled over by montreals finest. the ticket was for 200 dollars. i refused to pay because there was no stop sign, it had been pushed over by a snow plow."

- He got a ticket on his driver's license.
- He can go there without a driver's license (I never carry mine when I fly).
- He should leave it somewhere else: In his car might be convienent.
- If you understand "sanitized before Ops" then you understand the logic behind not taking a document that might prompt the Canadian police to arrest him.
- Maybe he isn't a forgetful as you when it comes to ID's?

Latest resources

Back