Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

can you refuse to "speak" with a controller???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

If you happen to check on a freq and the controller gives you attitude (for whatever reason), can you state that you refuse to "speak with him/her and would like to have a back-up controller"?? or superviser work you until your off the freq/out of their airspace?

If you happen to check on a freq and the controller gives you attitude (for whatever reason), can you state that you refuse to "speak with him/her and would like to have a back-up controller"?? or superviser work you until your off the freq/out of their airspace?

No, but this might make you feel better.

Can you give an example of what a controller might say that would get your panties in a wad?

Ask for their operating initials and tell them to mark the tape. With the "kinder, gentler FAA" breathing down ATCers necks these days that may get them to straighten up if they're really being rude.

That said, everybody has a bad day....don't go burning somebody just because they hurt your feelings...

Dumbest Thread Ever!!!!!!

"I'm not speaking to you today-you awful man!"

I have cramps and don't care who the hell I run into!

FYI. I do not have to give out my initials on the frequency.

If you have a problem, make a note of the frequency and the date/time. When you get on the ground, call the facility (FSS can give you the phone numbers, or if you're at the airport associated with the facility, the ramp tower usually has the number). Then call on the telephone and ask for a supervisor. Remember a calm and professional telephone call will go a lot farther than an upset caller. Give the freq and time to the supe - this will allow them to listen (later) to the tape and do what we call a QAR (Quality Assurance Review). They know who the controller is b/c we all must sign onto a position while we are responsible for it. Asking for initials will do nothing but (unfortnately, human nature) cause you more grief with this person. Be polite and professional on the freq, just b/c the controller may be inappropriate, does not give you license to do the same. Remember these tapes can also work against or for your cause when listened to.

Brother, I hope you are kidding. We have by far the best controllers. If you got attitude, why not try to be extra nice to the controller,everyone is entitled to have a bad day. next time take a deep breath. :)

Simply ask for a time check.

Latest resources

Back