• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can we stop whining.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry... There is but 'one' house. And be rest assured, your bedroom is the furthest from the bathroom. NJI pilots can do themselves a mental justice by flushing the last 15 years out of their memory banks. I go out on tour next week, and believe me, I'm treating Day 1 like the first day at a new job. As for making it work... make what work? The CBA is clear, the rules are laid out, the LOA is in full effect, 2 pilots will operate a plane safely from A to B regardless if they say 5 words to one another the entire tour. There is nothing to 'make'.

Rotor Head summed it up... its over. NJI is done, the NOC is gone, less than 50% of our office people even work for this company anymore, its over. Period. The discussions are pointless from here on. What I always find interesting is how no one is allowed to express their opinion without having their guts ripped out.

Uh.....that's pretty much what I was saying. It is over but some on the NJI side are trying to cling to a notion that the NJI way might somehow sneak through. Hell, the F/A's are saying they're going to try to get "first-come, first-served" on vacations and start dates like we used to. FANTASY.

But it's also silly for some of our pilots to cling to the notion that this stuff is rocket science and can't be done unless you kneel at Charlie's feet for an international tour to East Bum$u(k first.

Hey Gut, Keep that thought in mind (this Int'l flying stuff is REAL easy ALL the time). And please, ask for all the NEW Captain's with little or NO Int'l experience to fly with you, be the PIC, and take you into that dark hole, ONE LAST TIME, By the way, I really don't think you would let that happen. I can just hear the tape " What's it doing now?????";):laugh:
Like ya"ll say "It AIN'T Rocket Surgery" It only takes one time, and your head is down trying to fix something they screwed up, you look up and get a pine tree in your teeth. Get my drift yet???? You of all people should know, there are Weak Captains in every flight department, and being in LINE first has nothing to do with being safe. Let's be real here, yes some are better than other's and the company has a great system to get us thru most of the tough times, BUT if my family and I are on board, I want someone like you at the controls , NOT someone who came over in the last few month's and has seniority number in the teens or lower!!!
Back to the origin of this thread, the company and the union should come to some sort of an agreement to allow the NEW senior guy's to be PIC, say after a certain period of time such as a year. As far as I'm concerned I still couldn't care LESS who is the PIC as long as my pay check keeps coming. I welcome the A guy's to the G's. I have 3 very good friends that work for the dark side:laugh:. It's a new dawn and I'm just happy to be here.

Well time for some common ground. Why does it take all freaking day on the airlines to do a 2.5 hour trip.:uzi: Thanks for all the entertainment guys I have been stuck on the west coast all rotation with nothing going on. I have been bored to tears hence this thread. So in the morn you will not have me to kick around anymore.;) Because I will be in US Air helll all day!!!:(

O Yea Reno. I think "Team Bubba" would look good on the back of my leather jacket. :D

I'm "Team Catfish." I get fed the crap off the bottom...

:laugh: Can I get on one of those team's????, I hear I can't be very much fun to fly with. Damn and I thought I made some improvement since I got out of the special hospital !!!! :nuts: Well the neighbor hood his going back down again. :beer:

I'll start with a few things I can think of off hand. Givebacks in work rules were the main problem.

Basically the union gave the company everything they wanted as far as scheduling is concerned. I do mean everthing. They did this to get better basing and pay for the SIC's. They gave a small raise to captains but unfortunately the work rules and loss of OT due to day one airline show/go rules have far outweighed the small pay raise we were given. Most of the PIC's have lost money on this deal. Some SIC's actually lost money too because they are not allowed to get by pass pay now with the IBB rules.

Most of the NJA guys aren't interested in the NJA side. IBB was a big part of the seniority list being merged. I think most of the NJA guys didn't look hard enough at this when they voted. Well at this point I don't see how any YES voter can complain. We knew all this BS was going to happen before the IBB vote.

A bunch of pilots lost out on getting their 4 weeks vacation (during year 10) because IBB changed the vacation bidding schedule (you have to complete 10 years of service to get the 4th week) (we hired a ton of pilots in the fall of 2001) (honestly many of those pilots have no idea that they will miss their 4th week of vacation by a month or two yet). On top of that many lost 5 or 6 days vacation due to the vacation bid schedule (although we did get paid for those days we still lost them).

This is just a basic overview of the problem with IBB. I could go on and on about this. The givebacks on scheduling and work rules are really sad. We will never be able to get that stuff back. Its all lost now.

Don't forget that shortly after IBB 2 of the top ranking union members left to go to Managment. Something else that we all could easily see before IBB. I'm convinced that IBB had something to do with this.

Don't have time to read all 4 pages, so I will finish up later. But I had to respond to this post.

IBB saved our collective buts. Sure we lost some. But we also gained a bunch. Got an LOA for NJI, not perfect, but not horrible. Secured our medical, last year we would have taken a hit like everyone else.

Vacation, you are completely incorrect. It moved the cut off for everyone forward 3 months to Sept 30. Where before the cutoff June 30th, IBB allowed 3 months of pilots, those hired between July 1 and Sept 30, to get that extra year of vacation one year earlier. You always had to complete 10 years of service by the cut off date. It was an improvement!!!

Yes, we did take a hit on day 1 OT as far as the set show/go. It has cost me maybe $400 since IBB. My raise has FAR outweighed that small loss. Hell that number could have been $4000 in lost OT, and I still made up for it in 6 months on the new payscale.
What other scheduling things did we give up? Seams? Flush bid? All fine with me. The system works great and I am very happy with my scheduling. Bottom 1/3 of the list in my seat.

OH and that little nugget that we would be negotiations during one of the worst economic climate in the last 60 years!
I am so very glad I didn't listen to the very vocal group trying to shoot down the IBB.

After my conversation today with one of my immediate supervisors, I can say unequivocally that my Give-A-$hit meter is now officially pegged on zero.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Happy trails y'all.

After my conversation today with one of my immediate supervisors, I can say unequivocally that my Give-A-$hit meter is now officially pegged on zero.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Happy trails y'all.
Cool. You're senior to me, and we're having $$$ issues.:)

Latest resources

Back