Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ESPN GAME DAY is in Boise, ID!!!!

GO BRONCO'S!

They suck. They could barely beat VT and VT isn't that good.

I hope the Bronco's lose today but it won't matter because they will lose in a big bowl game. In fact they will get blown out in a bowl game against an SEC team or even a slow OSU team.

They couldn't even beat the NC State Wolfpack.

Boise State = Over Rated

Why else would they have to paint their home field blue.

ESPN Gameday used to be a good show until they hired Erin Andrews who knows zilch about football.

Last edited:
So what weird and wacky foreign stuff that is mostly only known through experience is a relatively inexperienced PIC going to screw up? If there is an experienced SIC (or SICs on longer flights) there to give hints, do you really expect the PIC to disregard the experienced crew members when it comes to local customs/ procedures? I don't know how things are in the cockpit at NJI, but at NJA at least 99 percent of the pilots I fly with practice something called Crew Resource Management. We talk things through and make educated decisions. Experience has it's place, and it will still be there when the company either follows the contract voluntarily or has an arbitrator force it on them. As far as the extra raises they plan on giving to various NJI guys, I guess I'm hoping that can be grieved also- not to take it away, but give it to everyone since they say we are one big happy family. Honestly I think the new management is testing us to see what they can get away with and to help decide if they will extend the contact or not. I guess they will find out. Unfortunately it is an expensive test for both the profitability of the company and for labor relations.

So what weird and wacky foreign stuff that is mostly only known through experience is a relatively inexperienced PIC going to screw up? If there is an experienced SIC (or SICs on longer flights) there to give hints, do you really expect the PIC to disregard the experienced crew members when it comes to local customs/ procedures? I don't know how things are in the cockpit at NJI, but at NJA at least 99 percent of the pilots I fly with practice something called Crew Resource Management. We talk things through and make educated decisions. Experience has it's place, and it will still be there when the company either follows the contract voluntarily or has an arbitrator force it on them. As far as the extra raises they plan on giving to various NJI guys, I guess I'm hoping that can be grieved also- not to take it away, but give it to everyone since they say we are one big happy family. Honestly I think the new management is testing us to see what they can get away with and to help decide if they will extend the contact or not. I guess they will find out. Unfortunately it is an expensive test for both the profitability of the company and for labor relations.

I basically agree with you here but if you voted YES for IBB you were part of the problem to begin with.

I basically agree with you here but if you voted YES for IBB you were part of the problem to begin with.

An equitable integration process was spelled out in IBB. Whether management chooses to follow the agreed-upon process is an entirely separate issue.

As far as the extra raises they plan on giving to various NJI guys, I guess I'm hoping that can be grieved also- not to take it away, but give it to everyone since they say we are one big happy family.

I need to clarify this issue since NJASAP is on the wrong side of this one. It is NOT an "extra" raise.

NJI has always been on a Jan 1-Dec 31 calendar. NJA has always been on an Oct 1-Sep 30 calendar. Since Jan 1, NJI pilots have been receiving their regularly scheduled raise for 2010 on their anniversary date which is date of G-IV upgrade for PIC's and DOH for SIC's (they re-set salary review dates to avoid giving two raises in one calendar year--old topic).

Salary amounts for purposes of the "Pay Protection Level" will be frozen next week on Sep 30. The idea was to give the REGULARLY SCHEDULED 2010 raise to the roughly 25% of the NJI pilot group who's review date falls between Sep 30 and Dec 31 so that they will be treated THE SAME as their NJI contemporaries. Then, everybody is square and things proceed according to the salary protection terms of the LOA.

No NJA pilot would be hurt by this plan and it is only FAIR to roughly 25% of the group (yes, yours truly is one of them) whereas this group would be unfairly punished strictly because of the disparity in the way the "fiscal year" was calculated by the two companies.

Gut, I hear ya buddy. This was not very smart on their part(company) But I also think the company is trying to make this a safe and professional operation, and NOTHING MORE. Like I said, the one's doing the whinning know nothing about International flying. I have no dog in this fight but I'm allready TIRED of the UNION B.S. and the 5%er's causing trouble in the rank's. Be professional and do your job, and that doesn't include a leather jacket at Netjets. Do what I'm planning on doing, Buy one and be proud of it BUT wear it on your time off.

Oh puh-leeeeze! Would you like to get a ruler out so we can all see who is the most "man" too?

I fly international for NJA. And I've talked with plenty of my friends who fly for NJI. The fact of the matter is, the way we do it at NJA is far harder and more labor intensive (and dumber) than the way it's done at NJI. Every time you cross a fix in a non-radar envrionment (Over the NAT or uncontrolled areas of the world) do you have to record MH, TH, Fuel burned, fuel left, current winds, current temps, drift down altitudes and on and on and on. Not saying any of that is particularly tough, but if you don't do it, then you're int'l flying is EASIER than here at NJA. I'm certain I could handle it in the G-whiz. And if I were PIC due to seniority, and flying with a junior PIC who had more experience in type than me, I'd have no qualms about asking for opinions and help (but relax, I have no desire to fly the G-planes).

As for all the other variables that go into flying to all the places you go at NJI, unless I'm wrong, Netjets handles pretty much everything for you, same as they do for us. And if you get to some third-world country where things start going to crap and not according to the Netjets plan, like pretty much every third-world country, just throw serious tip money at the handlers and whoever and suddenly things are going smoothly again. Not really a big deal.

Not really sure why time in type is so important for who gets listed as PIC. As I said, if you're not listed as the PIC, but have more time in type, I'm 100% certain that none of our guys would have any qualms about asking you for help or advice.

And by the way, I don't think it's a problem to have the other guy listed as the official PIC if you don't want to do it. For my first Hawaii trip, we had the junior PIC listed as THE PIC because I wanted to watch him in action before being the head honcho on those trips. It wasn't a problem to do it that way.

Anyway, bottom line is, most of us don't care who is THE PIC on a flight. As long as the paychecks are appropriate we really could give a rats ass about it. What we DO care very pasionately about, is the company following the CBA, AND the FOM. Heaven help us if a pilot violates the CBA or the FOM, but we should just roll over if the company does it? Since we'll all be on the same CBA and FOM shortly, then those are the rules to be followed. If that means that the more senior guy is the PIC, then so be it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back