Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can one of the B6 drivers explain this to me?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neelman was on Thursday's CNBC with the "stock slut" Maria. He was trying to do some damage control. The thing that became very clear is that mgt did a piss poor job. DN, was quoted a saying that, "this storm cost the airline millions".

Mgt can be held directly accountable for the bad customer blood and the MILLIONS lost dues to not canceling flight, when the other airlines were. IMHO, the employees did a great job, given what they had to work with but DM and his crew really dropped the ball.

The thought of stranding thousands while only canceling 270 flights on Wed, to then have to cx 305 flights on Sat (of the approx 1,200) just to get the airline back in sink is absurd.

The flack that mgt gets is completely deserved as is the bad press (like Dave Letterman's top 10 list). If AMR or DAL were to cancel 25% of their flights on a VFR day, people would be screaming bloody murder (and rightfully so).

Did anyone look at the WX in PHL? USAir and SWA seem to have come out of this storm unscathed. Airline mgt 101 canceling in bad WX is a good idea. You re-book and load factors go from 85% to 100%. De-icing fluid kills the yield on any flight. People understand not flying in a snow/ice storm. Canceling flight to reposition aircraft is absurd. The airline saves money (vs losing millions).

I give credit to the employees, I would never in a million years want to be the pilot on the ramp at JFK for 10+ hours or the gate agent on the receiving line of the wrath of all of those stranded folks. I just hope that mgt appreciates the employees cover for their F ups.

Again, IMHO, I hope that DM and his crew learned something valuable from their multi million dollar bad PR loss. This is exactly the type of thing kills moral and will someday force Congress to institute laws that none of want to deal with.

If I was on the BOD, I would want someones head on a plate. This will no doubt take a would be profitable Quater and turn it into a multi million dollar loss. On top of the bad PR.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lijet0218,0,3120577.story?coll=ny-main-bigpix

Last edited:
My brother's in-laws flight on JB was cancelled and they refunded their ticket plus gave them 2 vouchers for future flight. The refund was enough to get them out the next day on Delta. Ouch!!!

I am sure Nowak felt the same way after Anna Nicole

just like the sharks in FL and the east coast got off easy the summer of 2001 after 9/11. what about that congress guy/senator that killed the jogger chick from CA in DC - he got off easy that summer too.

Latest resources

Back