Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can anyone understand "problems" with NWA's seniority list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Compass pilots are basically a b-scale NWA.

So, NWA had some of the lowest rates in the industry and had a b-scale. Congrats.

Don't get me wrong. I was never in favor of allowing another wholly owned with 76 seat aircraft. But for all these claims how CPZ is such a degradation in NWA flying, it is a fairly small operation with significant flowback opertuniites if required. NWA scope, although it could be better, really wasn't bad compared to others. I think a few DAL guys are trying to make something out of nothing as NWA had vastly superior scope to DAL. All one now so I guess it doesn't much matter.

Schwanker

Care to elaborate? How is CPZ with 36 aircraft worse off than DAL scope? Especially when all these seats are available for flowback?

Schwanker

Dont forget that the planes that Mesaba has are replacements for their larger Avro's that are gone.

Dont forget that the planes that Mesaba has are replacements for their larger Avro's that are gone.

The 50 seaters or 76 seaters? That Avro had how many seats? Mesaba has a pretty large amount of CR9s, along with 10 or so CRJ-50s, and they have as many seats as that Avro did. (or close to it)

Bye Bye--General Lee

The 50 seaters or 76 seaters? That Avro had how many seats? Mesaba has a pretty large amount of CR9s, along with 10 or so CRJ-50s, and they have as many seats as that Avro did. (or close to it)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Mesaba got 36 76-seat CR9s which replaced their 69 seat Avros. The Avro was an 85 seat aircraft scope restricted to 69 seats. Is that what you're asking?

It was basically a jet/jet swap adding 7 seats/jet. Not in favor of it, but it wasn't a huge degradation in scope as some would like us to believe.

Schwanker

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back