Calls for 2 Aug class at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JV,

Phone calls may come within a few days, letters saying no thanks may take up to 2 weeks. Congrats again JV,

poleavaitor said:
Does anyone have any good intel on when classes are going to start up again after the 2 Aug 04 class? Also, does anyone have any type of SWA pool going right now? Should we try to rekindle the SWA Pool list on Flightinfo now that it looks like there might be a bit of a break? Thanks, Pole.
Probably not much of a break. More of a catch up/breather for the training dept and people dept. Classes are supposed to resume in October starting every other Monday and continue for quite a while.

[Probably not much of a break. More of a catch up/breather for the training dept and people dept. Classes are supposed to resume in October starting every other Monday and continue for quite a while.]

TexasSWA,
Is that for sure now? When I talked to PD two weeks ago they said they weren't sure if September was having classes or not. But I am trying to decide on what day to separate from the AF. It would help a lot to know for sure if October is when things crank up again. Thanks

learherkjay said:
[Probably not much of a break. More of a catch up/breather for the training dept and people dept. Classes are supposed to resume in October starting every other Monday and continue for quite a while.]

TexasSWA,
Is that for sure now? When I talked to PD two weeks ago they said they weren't sure if September was having classes or not. But I am trying to decide on what day to separate from the AF. It would help a lot to know for sure if October is when things crank up again. Thanks
The only sure things in life are death and taxes.

My guess for the break in classes and interviews is because of training center schedule. They have one sim (a -300) down for upgrades to the software and the sim periods are full.

I have heard that the pool is starting to fill up and that the break in interviews for Aug is to give the interviewers a breather. We still have a lot of planes coming before the end of the year. I think I read somewere that by the end of this year there will be almost as many -700s as there are -300s. For someone who flies out of Dallas and Houston, this good because I pretty much only see -500s, -300s, and the occasional -200.

For those that are in the pool, Congrats and get ready for some fun.

I've been here almost a year and half, and I'm having a blast. It doesn't seem like work when it's this much fun. Not to say it doesn't have it's moments.

For those about to interview or reinterview, stay positive and do your best, it's worth it.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back