• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Calling in sick. . .

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great posts. I have only one airline experience and yes, they have all been really good. I have not had to deal with calling off etc for life events. I have trip traded though.-- not a lot. It sounds like if you have days off use them. We don't get a set of days off per year, but we can roll-over sick time. When your sick use them!

Ewww, no Asst. Chief job for me, I did my time behind a desk. I love flying and respect my company rules. I am sure though that when I need something I will go about it via trip trading or sick calls for sure. I guess I am not up to speed on other airline practices of sick calls. Sounds like some are horrrrrrible.

Fly safe !

P2J

Prop2Jet said:
Hey I know, instead of abusing the system and Fing it up for all of us, do your job and call in sick when you are sick. When your not sick trip trade or fly. Now I understand why airlines have such strict policies about being sick and getting doctors notes.... Good job guy.

That's right! You should use your personal leave time....oh wait, we don't get that. Then use your "mental wellness time"......oh, yeah, we don't get that either.

They can call it what they want, but as far as I'm concerned, it is contractually my paid time off that I accrue and I'll use it when I want, for what I want. If they have properly staffed their airline, it shouldn't be a problem.

I am on reserve...still.... and i sure would like it if you did use that sick time so i can start making Per Diem and maybe just maybe sometime in the next couple of months break guarentee. Do the reserves a favor and call in sick.

ex j-41 said:
I am on reserve...still.... and i sure would like it if you did use that sick time so i can start making Per Diem and maybe just maybe sometime in the next couple of months break guarentee. Do the reserves a favor and call in sick.

That's f'n hilarious. I'm careful about using sick time.. I try not to abuse, but it is definately there for me when I can't get back to work because the AIRPLANES ARE TOO DAMN FULL THIS SUMMER

Prop2Jet said:
Hey I know, instead of abusing the system and Fing it up for all of us, do your job and call in sick when you are sick. When your not sick trip trade or fly. Now I understand why airlines have such strict policies about being sick and getting doctors notes.... Good job guy.

Why waste sick time being sick. This is the real world Prop, grow up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back