Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alchemy said:
Anyone know who "ASCOT" is?

I figure it's probably some part of the RAF, as they usually have a british accent.

You got it, ASCOT is RAF C-130s. I use to see them around Little Rock AFB. Joey and Horse are other C-130 call signs you will here around Little Rock.

"Testr" is for Naval Test Pilot School, Pax River, MD. Camelot is for VFA-14 F-18s out of NAS Lemoore. Jason, Ace, Fist, Sting, Bullet are some other F-18s around Lemoore (Fresno, CA).

Kitty Hawk Charters use to be "Cargo Hawk" that was one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Lear Wanna Be said:
You got it, ASCOT is RAF C-310s. I use to see them around Little Rock AFB. Joey and Horse are other C-310 call signs you will here around Little Rock.

C-130 or C-310???

While we're at it...who is "Flint" and "Eagle Eye"???

Thanks, guess I am use to putting C-310 down. Edit command is useful. Sounded right in my head!!!!!

OtterFO said:
Eagle Jet is Eagle Canyon airlines, part of Scenic Airlines. They fly Fokker F-27's to the canyon, on NCAA contracts, and as Air Laughlin.

Janet is an interesting bunch. when I was flying out of vegas I heard them picking up clearences. 4 airplanes all using the same exact callsign, and the clearence was "Janet XXX, you are cleared to your destination as filed, climb and maintain as filed, squak as filed."

Here is a JANET flight plan from flight today. Provide by one of the flight tracking services. Hope I don't get a visit from any suits.

/FlightID WWW267
Status FILED
Facility KZLA
Equipment Prefix T
Type B73Q (Boeing Company Model 737 Stage 3)
Equipment Code /A (DME, transponder with Mode C)
ProposedDepTime 12:05 PM PST (2005Z)
ActualDeptTime N/A
ETA 12:51 PM PST (2051Z)
ActualArrTime N/A (Z)
Dept(TNX) TONOPAH TEST RANGE Dest(LAS) MC CARRAN INTL
Route of Flight TNX..TPH..TPH206010..LIDAT.J92.BTY.FUZZY6.LAS/0036
Speed 0420
Alt 25,000

Last edited:
In addition to the C-130s, you'll also hear the Royal Air Force "ascot" call sign for VC-10 (yes, thats the VC-10) and TriStar 500 flights. Hear them quite often in ABQ. The "vegas heat" call sign is a charter management company out of LAS operating Hawkers, Legacys and Gulfstreams.

Latest resources

Back