• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Call signs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used to have a call sighn of "Grasshopper" flying Lears.

Another interesting one that a friend of mine flew was "Skybox". I believe it was Northstar Air Cargo part of Air Cargo Carriers.

I fly into LAS quite a bit and JANET supposedly stands for something like Just Another ....( can't remember the remainder) but they also fly out near SLC. From what I've heard they have moved secret ops from groom lake to this new area which is more difficult to trespass on.

Neat Callsigns

Kind of taking a tangent here, but I personally like "Starcheck" for Airnet and "Waterski" for TWE. I've been out of the loop in St. Louis - does anyone know if they're still using the Waterski callsign anymore on the radio? Just curious...

I believe they are still using the Waterski call sign. I got messed up the other day in MKE because I was told to switch to tower freq after the American jet passed in front of me so I waited for 5 min until the controller told me to switch. Someone forgot to tell me that even though it was painted in TWA colors they are now using the American call sign. I like the call sign Turbo Dog, Packman and some of the other freight companies including mine which is Freight Runner.

The "Janet" call sign is for the area 51 shuttle. The callsign originated from the original chief pilots wifes name.

Turbo Dog

Turbo dog has flown into Sprit of St. Louis (SUS) occasionally - mostly at night. I believe they fly freight in Lear 24/25's. I'm almost positive that's right, since I had to give them noise abatment procedures since they were a stage II aircraft.

Call Signs

I used to fly checks at night in a Cherokee-6 for a tiny operation (just the boss and me). There was a company that used the call sign "Fast-Check," and my boss always said he was going to ask the feds if we could be "Slow-Check.";)

Turbo Dog is Air Cargo Express based in FWA. Lear 23 & 24 freighters.

Of course, their hangar's called the "dog house".

Latest resources

Back