• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
calfo said:
Retirements:

2005: 161

And this is up to around 260 due to pilots who have submitted paperwork for early retirement. They can always pull their papers, but it is about what is on the books for now.

michael707767 said:
FWIW folks, don't get too hung up on what it takes to be a captain. There are guys junior to me who are captain here, but would I trade with them? Hell no. Commuting to reserve in NYC, sitting in some shi*ty crash pad and getting stuck with crappy trips? I would worry more about what it takes to be a line holding captain, or at least hold captain anywhere but NYC/EWR.

I thought CAL had the upgrade or get out policy? Maybe it was AA. Oh well, lets hear it for the career gear slingers striving for mediocrity.

No up or out here.

There are old guys up in the 3digits range hanging out in the right seat of the triple, living the good life, just a little less pay.

If you are worried about upgrade times at a major while this industry is in the crapper, you need to read the paper more often and do your homework. Just worry about getting hired, then sock away as much money as you can to ride out the next storm. If the company that hires you does well, upgrade will come quicker than you think. If it is struggling, upgrade will be the last thing on your mind. BK and furloughs will be the first.

blzr said:
I thought CAL had the upgrade or get out policy? Maybe it was AA. Oh well, lets hear it for the career gear slingers striving for mediocrity.

What an a$$nine statement. I got the showing off thingo out of my system along time ago in a real airplane, 20 series Lear. Its all about QOL now.

Latest resources

Back