• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/ UAL Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't matter what CAL's scope is anymore. The new company is now called United and the scope UAL has, will be what will be.

Um what? So says the guy listening to his job get sucked down the drain..... CAL pilots will rule the negotiations, and they don't like RJs, big ones especially. They have the ability to shut this down in their contract, so I guess they will be leading the negotiations.

Bye Bye---General Lee

take this to Vegas. Bet $1 on it happening. If it ever does, your payout will surely make you the richest dude in the world.

I bet you REALLY believe what you are saying. What was that noise? Oh, it was you shatting your pants. Ever heard of LEVERAGE? The CAL pilots have it this time. Maybe your Skywest should start an "Indy Air" type operation and fly against everyone else, for a few weeks.

Bye Bye---General Lee

take this to Vegas. Bet $1 on it happening. If it ever does, your payout will surely make you the richest dude in the world.

I could care less about riches. If I wanted to be rich I 'd be in a different career. What I do care about is preserving jobs at mainline, getting all furloughed pilots at CAL and UAL recalled. I tell you what, I'll place that bet, and you can place yours. This isn't like the give backs that occurred after the attacks. Regional growth is a direct product of the give backs given up at gun point (1113c filings). Everything in this industry is cyclical. Ebb and tide. The pendulum is swinging to labor. The tide will turn. This is a game changing event. Trust me. I'm not anti-regional. I am anti-outsourcing while good paying jobs at mainline carrier go away.

50 seats and above belong at mainline. Any joint proposal that doesn't address the rampant outsourcing will surely come under great fire from 13,000 pissed off pilots.

Last edited:
Let me guess... Skywest? ASA? Bribing majors, undercutting pilots, including each other LOL, with non union cheap labor, your company has done way more to contribute to the death spiral of the profession more than GJ has. GJ does better and gets paid more than TSA anyways. If we only had a billion dollars like you guys maybe we can operate as cheaply as you, buy up airlines and pay our pilots the same as gojets. Hhahahahahaha

No, I work for a mainline carrier. Get a grip, you have issues, child.

From another forum:

CAL chairman for their ALPA was quoted: "We understand how hard it is to put that genie(scope) back in the bottle, but we're going to try," said Pierce. "We see it as a better solution for all concerned when legacy carriers do their own flying, not just to protect jobs, but also to ensure safety."

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! Good luck guys!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
No, I work for a mainline carrier. Get a grip, you have issues, child.

Do you work for San Francisco Airlines, or Key West Express?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back