• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/ UAL Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess Republic is having a hand to forehead slapping moment, they couldve been a contender!!!!!

Quick question. What is the scope at CAL? Is it 50 seat? Does Republic not fly for United under Shuttle America? What happens there in the event of a merger?

Quick question. What is the scope at CAL? Is it 50 seat? Does Republic not fly for United under Shuttle America? What happens there in the event of a merger?

No more 70 seat contract awards...the current contracts will freeze where they are or....MAYBE...be reduced.

That's a longshot though.

[prays even though he's an atheist]

No more 70 seat contract awards...the current contracts will freeze where they are or....MAYBE...be reduced.

It all depends on what the company offers and the union. I'm pretty sure UA and CAL would like nothing more than to have 100 seat RJs flying around.

It all depends on what the company offers and the union. I'm pretty sure UA and CAL would like nothing more than to have 100 seat RJs flying around.

UAL and CAL would love nothing more than to have 200 seat "RJ"s flying around and do nothing but intl flying....but the pilots would have a **** fit if that was brought up...or so I hope.

Scope has gone far enough down the drain. Honestly I'd love to see nothing over 50 seats powered by a turbofan but that's just me. 99 problems and that many seats is one.

It doesn't matter what CAL's scope is anymore. The new company is now called United and the scope UAL has, will be what will be.

Last edited:

The BEST course of action would be to have every jet with 51 seats or more flown by mainline.... a few regional pilots would be out of work, but thats business and life. Plenty of mainline pilots have been out of work for MANY years because of regionals flying their seats and routes. I hope for a CAL style scope in the merger.... but most likely a cap on the current # of RJ's will be the end result.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back