• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/UAL Base question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not true still about 200 that have not been offered anything. At any time those that bypassed can put there name in the hat to take the offer. If you come to UAL/CAL just know there will be a constant stream of furloughed pilots to come back on top of you once the contract is finally done, as we loose nothing by not going to CAL.

I'm not up to date on everything but I thought it was if you bypassed the temp lCAL slot you had to wait until UAL recalled in your slot order.

If thats not correct thanks for clearing up. Heard we had a few guys quit in training and another in Guam in the middle of a 7 day trip. I'm sure the word has gotten out what a terrible place this is.

I had recurrent last week too and the CP speaking to our GSR class said hiring after this summer is over. Said they have offered 1183 UA recalls out of 1435 to fill the vacancies off last bid. After they go through entire list they hire off the street. That being said, the CP's info isn't always accurate.

I'm not up to date on everything but I thought it was if you bypassed the temp lCAL slot you had to wait until UAL recalled in your slot order.

If thats not correct thanks for clearing up. Heard we had a few guys quit in training and another in Guam in the middle of a 7 day trip. I'm sure the word has gotten out what a terrible place this is.

Semi correct. If you bypass once no problem how ever if you put your name back in the hat and then turn it down a second time you are correct and you will not be offered the CAL job opportunity again..

Chairman

Sorry for the incorrect answer about all being offered spots, it came from the chief pilot in EWR during recurent about a week ago. Should have known it was wrong.

Sorry for the incorrect answer about all being offered spots, it came from the chief pilot in EWR during recurent about a week ago. Should have known it was wrong.

No problem had a CAL buddy of mine tell me pre merger that a CP told him he would not like the UAL pass travel as we had to pay high fee's to non-rev. I showed him how I had been traveling with full benefits for free as a furloughed pilot for almost 2 years at the time. Rumors spread quick but facts are hard to find. Just hope we all remember who we are battling and its not each other.

Cheers

Just hope we all remember who we are battling and its not each other.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more!!

EWR has most of the Euro flying. IAH has a few like AMS and FRA.

Yeah but for how long? Remember if SWA gets approval to fly from HOU to CUN then CO will have to stop all international flights from IAH.

I mean if SWA flies to CUN how could the city of Houston possibly support an AMS flight?

(sorry couldn't resist)

I had recurrent last week too and the CP speaking to our GSR class said hiring after this summer is over. Said they have offered 1183 UA recalls out of 1435 to fill the vacancies off last bid. After they go through entire list they hire off the street. That being said, the CP's info isn't always accurate.

Those numbers look correct. 1437 furloughed; probably have a couple of morts while on furlough. My count had furloughees still waiting for an offer at just a tad under 250.

I expect them to open the hiring floodgates after this summer; there are a ton of retirements at both LUAL and LCAL, as most have opted to stay all the way to 65. Once retirements get going, they will need to build a training pipeline - it should take a couple hundred pilots in perpetual training due to all of the fleet/seat movement that happen as a result of retirements. Once the training pipeline's filled, the combined LUAL/LCAL retirements are ~40 per month.

Latest resources

Back