Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DHPFLYN

Just curious what the junior bases are?

One other question for the IAH people. How long is the wait for a 75/76 spot in IAH ?

Thanks

last snapshot shows some United recalls holding it. They are not based there yet just holding it.
Also FWIW 756 trip life is going downhill. South America trips are to be replaced by UAL 763 in a few months. Pretty much all that will be left is some HNL(which you won't be able to hold) and DEN, LAS, LAX, ORD, EWR, ORL, FLL. (Throw a bunch of red eyes in there and you have a wonderful 10-12 hour 4 day trip.) I should know I have a month full of them. Maybe 15 hour 4 day if you get lucky.

The 73 has more productive trips if you can stand listening to the trim wheel.

Being IAH based do you head to Europe often? Or is that pretty much Ewr based pilots? As far as Guam goes are the UAL guys having to go out there since it is so short staffed?

Thanks for the information

Last edited:
EWR has most of the Euro flying. IAH has a few like AMS and FRA.
You are correct with one exception. On reserve they will just DH you up to cover EWR flying then DH you back... eventually. (of course you don't get paid for DH on reserve)

I was just on the jumpseat with some CAL guys and they were telling me that you are going to be hiring over 400 starting at the end of this year. The promised me they were not joking but that number sounded a little high.

Any truth to that? I assumed there were still plenty of UAL folks still waiting to come back.

All UAL folks have been offered the spot so hiring should start in the fall but I dont have specific numbers for you. The CP in ewr also stated that the UAL side is expected to start recalling as well including offering positions to the guys that came to CAL so that is expected to create more vacancies for new hires.

All UAL folks have been offered the spot so hiring should start in the fall but I dont have specific numbers for you. The CP in ewr also stated that the UAL side is expected to start recalling as well including offering positions to the guys that came to CAL so that is expected to create more vacancies for new hires.

Not true still about 200 that have not been offered anything. At any time those that bypassed can put there name in the hat to take the offer. If you come to UAL/CAL just know there will be a constant stream of furloughed pilots to come back on top of you once the contract is finally done, as we loose nothing by not going to CAL.

had recurrent last week. Chief pilot told us that they are still running some classes of united furloughs. Although the acceptance rate has been around 25 percent. Can't blame people for not wanting to come here.

He said after summer there will only be a few classes with small number of folks. So off the street not until sometime NEXT summer. That's what we were told along with how "thankful" they were for all our hard work and Jeff really wants to get the contract done. So I know it's a load of BS. Why they even show up and waste my time is beyond me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back