• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL-UAL Anti-RJ Proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
frac pilot turned airline. I was also once a laker. so with this all said I hope all the flying gets to the mainlines over a few year period to help the industry ( all of us as a whole) to regain what was once ours. pay and quality of life. Amen to the entire industry if we get rid of the RJ. This will once again be a career that is respected if we all stand together and get the flying back to the mainline. sincerely SWA pilot now

Good Luck guys. DAL opened "Pandora's Box" and hopefully UAL can close it. The reason I say that is...they were too good to fly the 50 seat jet and thus...the Regional Empire. Speaking as a former Regional guy, I wanted to get out of there and move on..so good luck to making this change.

There is one point missing. Mgmnt ain't gonna let this fly. You know why? Longevity.

It has taken me over ten years at a regional to get even in the neighborhood of 100k. If I go to mainline I get a nice little financial reset. I start over in longevity so by the time I upgrade, I am only a 8-10 year pay captain. If this went through, by the time I will upgrade on the same equipment I will be a 15-18 year captain with corresponding pay.

There is a big reason we exist. Money. Y'all at CAL/UAL will have to buy this with your hard earned money.

I think is a noble cause. A few years late, and under the guns of bankruptcy court forced upon you, but late none the less.

How much are you willing to spend to buy those jobs back? I have a sneaking suspicion that the 30% pay hit y'all took is more of a real issue. The ire of the fire might be scope because of all those pesky little RJs taxiing past, but when it comes to negotiating for pay, there will be far more dollar signs in your eyes than that 30k job that you don't need anyways.

Good luck.

100 seaters are coming to UAL...and those planes will be flown by United pilots. This has alot to do with it.

United passengers deserve United Pilots.

There is one point missing. Mgmnt ain't gonna let this fly. You know why? Longevity.

It has taken me over ten years at a regional to get even in the neighborhood of 100k. If I go to mainline I get a nice little financial reset. I start over in longevity so by the time I upgrade, I am only a 8-10 year pay captain. If this went through, by the time I will upgrade on the same equipment I will be a 15-18 year captain with corresponding pay.

There is a big reason we exist. Money. Y'all at CAL/UAL will have to buy this with your hard earned money.

I think is a noble cause. A few years late, and under the guns of bankruptcy court forced upon you, but late none the less.

How much are you willing to spend to buy those jobs back? I have a sneaking suspicion that the 30% pay hit y'all took is more of a real issue. The ire of the fire might be scope because of all those pesky little RJs taxiing past, but when it comes to negotiating for pay, there will be far more dollar signs in your eyes than that 30k job that you don't need anyways.

Good luck.

We are not willing to give a regional pilot one thin dime. You have gladly taken jobs that have resulted from mainline furloughs. You will now have to deal with the consequences of flying for a subcontractor. You can stop dreaming about scope (read: OUTSOURCING) relaxation. Feel free to apply at the mainline carrier of your choice and take the pay hit like WE all did.

was it not the big bad mainline pilots, that allowed all of these RJ'S ???? You all walk around and look at us like we just showed up overnight and took "your jobs" You all voted for this ********************. Was it not UAL that parked all your 737s ?

Scope, I bet not one pilot over 55 gives a rats ass about scope, SHOW ME THE MONEY " They want to get theirs and get out. When it comes right down to it, you all will once again cave and the cycle will continue. But please don't blame us RJ's pilots for your ********************ty QOL

Oh stuff it. I am not looking for one damn dime. RTFP.

I am talking about the fact that the company will not give up the savings from me taking a pay and benefits hit when I go from regional to major.

It is your fight. I don't have a say at the table so it really doesn't matter that you think I took a job from a furlough. I didn't. I started in '99, well before the furloughs started.

I am not looking for any dime of yours. My point was that the current setup creates a longevity hit that benefits the company.

Even if you succeed in acquiring scope constraints, I have nothing to fear. There will be more jobs at mainline. I am not against this move. I think you need to be realistic and prepare yourselves for the fight ahead.

Well now....I bet you can get the scope you all crave....but you will all have to trade for it....and the trade that management will want will be across the board paycuts at mainline....

Considering the savings regionals bring to mainline....probably 35% paycuts across the board from CPTs and FOs will probably get every single RJ parked and all flying returned to mainline...

Do you really think management will give you what you want without a trade?...

What are you going to do? Strike?.....Oh yeah, the mainline strike track record is really inspiring. History gives no support to that theory.

Seriously, do you think just asking and/or sheer determination will carry the day?.....Nope, you are going to have to buy it....

And you CAN.....Go for it!!!.....But it will require mainline compensation to much more closely resemble regional compensation....

Remember.....Mainline ALPA refused to have a "B" scale.....Management absolutely wanted a "B" scale.....Voila, the regionals were born and grew.....

Just saying......

They already got the paycuts- outsourcing is a public perception nightmare and we should use that.

Respectfully, if you wanna get rid of the regionals.....you gotta be more like them...........huge paycuts.....

And yeah, mainline took paycuts....so what?....there is NO limit to how many paycuts you can have.....

Mainline pilots have much better compensation because regional pilots have much worse compensation....

I know, I know....you guys think the regionals have dragged down your pay....nope, they haven't.....their pitiful compensation has allowed mainline's to stay high....

Once they are gone....Mainline WILL get the axe

Remember, the enemy is fares that are too low.....

Latest resources

Back