• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL tp start IAH to Auckland, NZ nonstop on 787

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This post has a lot of incorrect information in it.

BS----you don't know what you are talking about. Just watch. The arbitrators will do it this way. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are preaching to the choir buddy. I just jump-seated with two UAL crews to EWR last week that were excited about Delta + $1. Said it would be a 30% raise. That would be a pay cut for me. They are bigger, it would probably pass with the help of our saviors. I am not excited about my chances to see SWA pay anytime soon my friend.

They would be happy with DL +$1? DL initially gave the pilots a 47% pay cut from the C2K wages, and recently gave a 17% raise OVER 4 years. Still, it is WAY behind the previous wages, and I can't believe CAL or UAL pilots would be for it. Sure, it is better than what they have now, but it is still WAY below what should be the standard. But hey, managements will love it if they go for DAL +$1. Also, the 17% raise over 4 years was negotiated during $130 a barrel oil and climbing. It is near $70 now.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You won't get a raise until you make money. It's not that frickin hard to comprehend is it McFly?? Must be those all the back of the clock flying you do. The raise was given at $130/Bl and now were at $70/Bl. But guess what..... we still lose money at $70/Bl. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh.

[/HTML]
BS----you don't know what you are talking about. Just watch. The arbitrators will do it this way. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

HTML:
The 744s at DL have recently gone very junior, but because of the fence only DL-N pilots can bid it. Same goes for the 777s for the South side, although they have remained fairly senior./HTML]

So you are saying that this statement is correct?  This statement could not be more incorrect.  Go work for Southwest if you want to be an arrogant a$$.  You are wrong.  fDAL can bid the 747, and fNWA can bid the 777 and be awarded them.

The 744s at DL have recently gone very junior, but because of the fence only DL-N pilots can bid it. Same goes for the 777s for the South side, although they have remained fairly senior.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Let's see, most junior 747 FO was a Feb-98 hire, I guess a 12 plus year FO is "junior". Most junior 777 FO was a Nov - 97 hire, "pretty senior". But I guess when you look at the 4 months between date of hire, but the 2300 pilots between them, that would be junior/senior.

I would doubt neither the contract nor the paint job will be done by then.

Mergers tend to move very quickly. I think this one more so then in the past based on the fact that CAL and UAL have already done a lot of work to stream line ops with the Star Alliance.

I would be VERY surprised if we didn't have a TA to vote on by the end of this summer, if not sooner.

If that flight started tomorrow, yes the pay would be the same as the 777. Continental pays all widebody aircraft at the same rates(777,764,762). By the time that aircraft flies in Continental's colors, the name on the side will be United, and the contract governing pilot pay will be new. I would imagine the pay will be almost the same or within a few bucks an hour to that in which the 777 will be paying on the new contract(hopefully something North of $225.00 an hour).

$225 an hour doesn't even make up for Contract '97 adjusted for inflation. It better be closer to $300 than $200 or don't even bother sending it out.

....I would be VERY surprised if we didn't have a TA to vote on by the end of this summer, if not sooner.

While it would be nice, don't hold your breath. Scope will be a HUGE fight. We haven't even started negotiating yet. We could have a TA by this fall but it probably wouldn't be anything that would pass the MEC's.

Barrister Smisek really wants to outsource 70 seat jet flying and will throw money at the 50% +1 of the pilot voting block to get it. CAL's MEC has committed to hold the line on scope but that doesn't mean it will be quick or easy.

While it would be nice, don't hold your breath. Scope will be a HUGE fight. We haven't even started negotiating yet. We could have a TA by this fall but it probably wouldn't be anything that would pass the MEC's.

Barrister Smisek really wants to outsource 70 seat jet flying and will throw money at the 50% +1 of the pilot voting block to get it. CAL's MEC has committed to hold the line on scope but that doesn't mean it will be quick or easy.

I sure hope they do hold the line. Scope is the first thing I will look at. Are you sure our MEC is commited to hold the line?

[/HTML]

HTML:
The 744s at DL have recently gone very junior, but because of the fence only DL-N pilots can bid it. Same goes for the 777s for the South side, although they have remained fairly senior./HTML]

So you are saying that this statement is correct?  This statement could not be more incorrect.  Go work for Southwest if you want to be an arrogant a$$.  You are wrong.  fDAL can bid the 747, and fNWA can bid the 777 and be awarded them.[/QUOTE]

Technically I suppose you are right about opposite sides being able to bid the fenced jets, but they can only be awarded a spot on a fenced jet if there are not enough bidders from the original side.  It hasn't happened yet, and is very unlikely in my opinion.

Latest resources

Back