• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL tp start IAH to Auckland, NZ nonstop on 787

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If that flight started tomorrow, yes the pay would be the same as the 777. Continental pays all widebody aircraft at the same rates(777,764,762). By the time that aircraft flies in Continental's colors, the name on the side will be United, and the contract governing pilot pay will be new. I would imagine the pay will be almost the same or within a few bucks an hour to that in which the 777 will be paying on the new contract(hopefully something North of $225.00 an hour).

I would doubt neither the contract nor the paint job will be done by then.

You think? I just figured since the company wants a joint contract by the end of this year, the end of next year would probably be doable. With regards to the paint, I think the 787 will arrive with United written on the side.

General- it must be nice knowing everything about SWA and our schedules, I did 4 legs total in a 2-day last week. I personally could care less where I overnight as long as they have cold beer and I spend my time at work working so I have more time off and enjoying life at home rather than a 24 hour layover somewhere far away, that I can go on vacation at if I wanted to.

General- it must be nice knowing everything about SWA and our schedules, I did 4 legs total in a 2-day last week. I personally could care less where I overnight as long as they have cold beer and I spend my time at work working so I have more time off and enjoying life at home rather than a 24 hour layover somewhere far away, that I can go on vacation at if I wanted to.

It's easier just to put him on your ignore list.

The system bid that just came out did not include the 787 aircraft. the next bid, should include a recall of more, if not all our furloughed pilots.

I think the merger will be well on its way by the time the 787 arrives. I would be surprised if the airplane does not have, "United" painted on the side

(remember, this merger has been going on since the last year!)

oh yeah FUPM.

The DL/NWA joint contract was done first, and management really wanted everything to go as smoothly as possible, probably because a lot of the bonuses for SOC (single operating certificate) were awarded after the FAA signed off on everything. Happier employees supposedly meant faster acceptance. Also, the joint contract was done prior to the SLI (learned via the USAir debacle), and the raises dampened some of the rage over relative seniority within the groups. Look for the contract to be done first. I think the DL/NWA model was a lot better than the USAir model, and the UAL/CAL management types will go for that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The system bid that just came out did not include the 787 aircraft. the next bid, should include a recall of more, if not all our furloughed pilots.

I think the merger will be well on its way by the time the 787 arrives. I would be surprised if the airplane does not have, "United" painted on the side

(remember, this merger has been going on since the last year!)

oh yeah FUPM.

Look for the CAL 787s to be fenced, along with the UAL 744s. I would guess for 5 years after SOC. Yes, UAL ordered 787s too, but a long time after CAL did. The 744s at DL have recently gone very junior, but because of the fence only DL-N pilots can bid it. Same goes for the 777s for the South side, although they have remained fairly senior.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Look for the CAL 787s to be fenced, along with the UAL 744s. I would guess for 5 years after SOC. Yes, UAL ordered 787s too, but a long time after CAL did. The 744s at DL have recently gone very junior, but because of the fence only DL-N pilots can bid it. Same goes for the 777s for the South side, although they have remained fairly senior.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This post has a lot of incorrect information in it.

When your pay equals their (SWA) pay, what will they have left to brag about? Answer: NOTHING. They are a high paid regional. They fly multiple leg days with quick turns, in one airplane type, forever. You seem to think that CAL or UAL will never get high pay back. Way to go! Manage your own expectations just like your CEO will!

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are preaching to the choir buddy. I just jump-seated with two UAL crews to EWR last week that were excited about Delta + $1. Said it would be a 30% raise. That would be a pay cut for me. They are bigger, it would probably pass with the help of our saviors. I am not excited about my chances to see SWA pay anytime soon my friend.

Latest resources

Back