• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

cal system bid out w/pilot reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's absoultely to settle all issues for any type of merger. If the US/DAL happens, the dance has officially begun. Any pausing could create disaster in the long run, being left out. This is my opinion, which puts it in the completely useless to worthless catagory, but it seems kind of logical in that view.

I think it's absoultely to settle all issues for any type of merger. If the US/DAL happens, the dance has officially begun. Any pausing could create disaster in the long run, being left out. This is my opinion, which puts it in the completely useless to worthless catagory, but it seems kind of logical in that view.

Well, the US/DL takeover very likely will not happen, but NWA/DL could. To be able to merge with UAL, wouldn't CAL need approval from NWA? Maybe CAL could do the buying and get away with it, but I see NWA starting it with a merge with DAL, and then CAL and UAL probably getting together. US/DL would take years to get through the DOJ, and DL would fight it with help from the politicians along the way.

It will be interesting regardless, but I think a lot of us are trying to figure out why CAL management asked for an extension, along with raises and iritant items, NOW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

To avoid giving out raises for as long as possible?

But, the cat is out of the bag now. Projected profits (unless Iran unleashes a nuke, etc...) are out there. ALPA, along with Pratter, knows this.

Bye Bye--General Lee

To be able to merge with UAL, wouldn't CAL need approval from NWA? Bye Bye--General Lee

If NWA is in on a deal itself, the golden share clause does not allow NWA to stop a CAL merger. Now if NWA is not in on any mergers itself, then they could stop a potential merger. I'm sure there is lots more to how that deal works, but that is my understanding of the "golden share" that NWA holds.

Back to the original thread.....we don't have a reduction in pilots. I think there were 2 BES that had a reduction of a couple of pilots. That is TOTAL staffing numbers. The attrition will be covered with retirements. There are 392 vacancies. This people have to come from somewhere.....ie hiring. Then next bid will be out late summer and should account for new aircraft in 2008. There are a ton of them coming in 2008-2009 to include 787. Pending age 65 and merger, this would possibly be the smallest bid for a long time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back