CAL-Skywest Code Share - Facts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skywestdrvr said:
This is business taking place and we are just pawns.

Truer words have seldom been spoken. What's really unfortunate is that pilots in general a pawns of management and regional pilots have now become pawns of their own union as well. The former is nothing new, the latter is despicable. Both suck.

I'll agree we are all pawns but that doesn't mean we should not fight the status quo. As for who owns the Brasilias, thats a good question. When the split off from CAL occurred, all the assets were rolled into one and then metered out to XJT according to many tax implications. The 120's were being sold prior to the spin off and XJT was the seller. I'm also assuming that the massive debt that XJT owed to CAL(insert Laugh here). Included the props that were on property at the time which were subsequently parked in the desert. So basically the 120's are XJT's.

Sky, your tone wasn't taken as confrontational. I sure hope mine wasn't. As a grumpy ole Capt. told me once, "We are all the Red Headed Bastard step children of the Airline industry".

Just know this!

I just want everyone to know that the general word around SkyWest is that furloughed pilots are welcomed. We are also in the business of helping out pilots on the street. We may be non-union but that doesn't make us anti-union. We have a union drive going on right now and have 35% of the cards returned to petition the union. Please don't take all this as if we are not wanting to help people out. We don't want our seniority list messed up just like you wouldn't want yours messed up. Nothing is right about SkyWest airplanes and XJET pilots flying them completely. NOTHING!!!

Some pilots may go to the left seat immediately but that means that no one else wanted to go to Houston. It doesn't mean that you got there because you DESERVE it. It will very likely happen. Alot of our people are from the west coast and don't want anything to do with Houston. You will still be at the bottom of the seniority list. You will still be at the bottom of the seniority list!

If you don't like the way your company does business, apply somewhere else. We have alot of COEX people working at SkyWest now. They are very happy. We make decisions in life that we have to live with. You chose to work for them. I chose to work for SkyWest. If something goes wrong over here I am not gonna be on this board compaining about what some other company is doing. I am gonna have to make a decision to stick with this company or apply somewhere else. You make that decision and quit blaming your company's problems on SkyWest pilots!

Have a good day and keep the nose up in the turns!

I don't think anyone has ever blamed any SkyWest pilots for anything!!! But we have been debating CAL ALPA's role in shaping any flying that may take place.

They aren't gonna push it right now because of the low percentage of cards that got returned. They want somewhere around 60-70 percent. Looking around the industry, alot of people don't think a union will do much good for anything because our management treats us good anyway.

Origanlly posted by skywestdrvr

Looking around the industry, alot of people don't think a union will do much good for anything because our management treats us good anyway.

When management treats you good there is no need for a union, but that one time management screws you and you don’t have a union is when it gets you. One thing to remember since this thread has much to do with seniority lists is that without a union that is management’s list. Just something to think about, I wish the best for all SkyWest pilots.

Latest resources

Back