CAL-Skywest Code Share - Facts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyward said:
CAL ALPA isn’t proposing abrogating anyone’s seniority list. The plan is for XJT pilots to be contracted to do the flying. We would all remain on the XJT seniority list not the SkyWest seniority list.

If a single, one, XJT pilot sits in any seat of a SKYW aircraft, anywhere other than at the bottom of the SKYW list, then ALPA and that pilot are both abrogating the seniority of Skywest pilots.

Just who is going to contract for XJT pilots to fly SKYW airplanes? ALPA? That's the biggest bit of double-speak I've heard in a long time. If it is a SKYW airplane on the SKYW certificate and under the operational control of SKYW then it needs to be flown by SKYW pilots. Period!

If you don't want your Company to sub-contract with another airline, then tell them that and get them to agree to that. Trying to force your pilots into another airline's aircraft ahead of that airline's pilots, is GRAND THEFT SENIORITY, no matter what you and ALPA choose to call it!

ALPA knows it, you know it, Skwest pilots know it, and I know it. What's more, I will shout it as long and as often as possible until hopefully everybody knows it! It's wrotten to the core and needs to be stopped.

[ALPA] = " . . . a master manipulator who will twist and dodge around the clock to keep the privileges of power and pelf." -- Nick Cohen, "Without prejudice,"

Maybe your MEC needs to negotiate a deal to protect your current positions by insuring that existing jet flying does not get reduced as a result of turboprop supplements.

That's exactly what we are doing. Thanks for making my point.

Surplus, no matter how you cut it you are better off today because of ALPA. They may not be perfect, but better than the alternative. Your anti-ALPA tirades are getting old.

Skyward,
So if your existing flying was protected and some of your furloughees went back to work albeit for another carrier why is it such a bad deal for you? I'd be willing to bet some of your furloughees would prefer to be in a SkyWest cockpit versus a Xjet cockpit anyways.

It would be a bad deal because we would be losing jobs. None of our exiting furloughed pilots would be able to hold a position at SkyWest because our new furloughs (resulting from the loss of flying) would be going from XJT 145 FO to SkyWest 120 FO. One more time, SkyWest coming into IAH isn’t creating ANY JOBS, it would only be taking jobs from XJT pilots. All the flying that SkyWest would be doing is flying we currently do.

give it a rest

Just wait and see what happens... This is getting very old. EDUCATION -- key to the world!

I don't think it would be the end of the world for a furloughed xjet pilot to come to the bottom of the skywest list. i had a furloughed and an active xjet pilot (waiting for upgrade) in my newhire class at skyw, they said that they were better off here for pay, qol, and future opportunity. i'd like to thank cpt. dresser and the rest of the coex interview team at this time for treating me so well during my interview, and sending me on my merry way to skywest.:cool:

Mookie

Mookie,
Ya know I never interviewed with Coex because I heard they were unfriendly during the process. Sounds like you're pretty happy to have been shot down by them.

The sad part of this whole debate is that I've heard that XJET will stop flying to certain cities regardless of the negotiations with SkyWest simply because it's not economically viable to continue. So what may happen is planes will get parked and more pilots will be furloughed before the XJET folks get into a spirit of compromise.
Full pay to the last day boys.

All XJT Pilots,
In your company's haste to be the first all jet operator (which I'm sure you all went along with) they evidently overlooked the value of the turboprop. You want your cake and you want to eat it too. Okay, thats normal.......

HOWEVER, Please do not hold anything against any other company that is being mearly opportunistic AND trying to maintain the integrity of IT'S seniority list.

Any questions? Go back and reread Surplus1's posts.

Extremely well said Surplus!

I don’t hold any ill will toward any SkyWest pilot, if roles where reversed I’d be chompin at the bit to get more flying. That being said SkyWest pilots should also understand how important it is for us, and any other airline to protect there flying at all costs.

Latest resources

Back