Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But 29hr is ok?

WTFO !!! It's 30/hr now.:D

It will get fixed in 08. We now have too many pilots working here who have worked under better contract at other carriers. We will make sure we get a better contract.

No scope relief..

It's always funny that CAL gets all the shi_ for its first year pay yet AA, UAL, US Air, NWA, UPS, and more are all less then $35/ hr first year. What gives???

It's just something to talk about here. Although the lack of insurance for new hires for the first six months is total BS. However, there are many options to choose from that are not expensive to cover you during this time.

Many of the complaints people have about this place are going to be fixed come next year with the new contract. I made the jump to CAL looking long term and I have no regrets

Last edited:
It's always funny that CAL gets all the shi_ for its first year pay yet AA, UAL, US Air, NWA, UPS, and more are all less then $35/ hr first year. What gives???

Just thought I would present facts...1st year pay at other airlines from airlinepilotcentral.com

AA $35
CAL $31
DAL $49
NWA $30
UAL $32
USAIR $25-$41
AIRTRAN $43
ALASKA $35
JBLU $47
SWA $52

How about a source for that post? That is TOTAL BS that this is an internal memo. It's flamebait...

No one that I know wants to operate larger airplanes for CO (although management would like it). So, the real question is, are you guys going to cave collectively? Show us the way. We would all rather be on a majors' seniority list...

Our pilot group has told LK that scope is non-negotiable many times. I don't expect that to change easily so Bedford can go to hell for all I care. I certainly hope you guys are willing to fight for significant raises next time the contract comes up.

Our pilot group has told LK that scope is non-negotiable many times. I don't expect that to change easily so Bedford can go to hell for all I care. I certainly hope you guys are willing to fight for significant raises next time the contract comes up.

the Cliff Notes version in red sums it up for me

Since our scope policy is the only thing that is strong in our contract, no one is willing to give it up. It'll never happen. Scope is something this pilot group has stood very strong and united on.

Just thought I would present facts...1st year pay at other airlines from airlinepilotcentral.com

Don't forget NJA at $130/hr!

Of course, that's only because I'm on salary and flew 300 hours in the past year... :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back