• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL rumors......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also due to the cancellation of a large portions of the Mexico flights, there will be 30 furloughs for May. They will be recalled in June.

Also due to the cancellation of a large portions of the Mexico flights, there will be 30 furloughs for May. They will be recalled in June.

You know, when I first read that I said, "WTF!!" This is what CAL does to you. You end up half way believing CAL would actually do that!! Sad....

CAL LTD going to 2% of salary, up from 1% before loss of investment funds and age 60 rule. Anyone else's LTD this high?

Merger getting closer

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINWBT01134820090610?rpc=44

WASHINGTON, June 10 (Reuters) - Pilots at UAL Corp (UAUA.O), parent of United Airlines, asked the White House on Wednesday to delay expected government approval of an application by the carrier and Continental Airlines (CAL.N) for immunity from certain antitrust laws.

The Air Line Pilots Association union is seeking certain labor protections as part of any agreement that would permit the airlines to share pricing, scheduling and other information within the Star Alliance. (Reporting by John Crawley; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)

Talked to my buddy last night, his wife was awarded 98% in HOU (she was displaced to EWR after the furlough), and he believes this is the sign of an impending callback in the fall. His logic is that since she has been awarded HOU, and per the contract she has to have a HOU bid award by October, there is no way in hell they will be able to cover EWR flying come fall with all people that have been awarded HOU.

Hiring, however, he's changed his tune on. He still thinks it's possible in the fall, but he's not as high on it as he was a couple of months ago. His wife doesn't think there will be any hiring until at least next spring. Who knows?

Talked to my buddy last night, his wife was awarded 98% in HOU (she was displaced to EWR after the furlough), and he believes this is the sign of an impending callback in the fall. His logic is that since she has been awarded HOU, and per the contract she has to have a HOU bid award by October, there is no way in hell they will be able to cover EWR flying come fall with all people that have been awarded HOU.

Hiring, however, he's changed his tune on. He still thinks it's possible in the fall, but he's not as high on it as he was a couple of months ago. His wife doesn't think there will be any hiring until at least next spring. Who knows?

I'll say it again............................

All furloughs on property by April 2010. Not before. :)

I'm thinking you're right, but I keep hearing a recall with some bid this month. Who knows....

Latest resources

Back