• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL recalls when???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would bet that FAR rest rules will be changed by next summer, if not sooner.

Not all of the COLA's will be coming back immediately. Expect some to try and get an 18 month PLA to finish off their 3 year contracts.. or just continue to make more money than they would back at CAL.

A few dozen more pilots will decide to retire because of the stress of the job/commuting/fear of losing their Lump Sum. Also some hitting 62 and that was their magic number.

A handful will go out on medicals or unfortunately pass away.

777 deliveries scheduled for next year will show up, along with those 4 757-300's.

Therefore, I would be willing to bet that we see the 147 back sometime in 2010.

Motch

Motch, I agree with you on this one. With RB at the FAA, we may just see the rest rules change, and rumor is, pond crossings are being looked at carefully as there should be an IRO on ALL of them. They are looking at rule change proposals by Sept 1, 2009. Congress was stunned to find out that most eastbound flights to Europe do not have IRO's. One small change in the work rules, and voilla, CAL could actually be hiring.

Yogi

It will probably take an act of Congress to change this at CAL, because although we complain about it, there are enough open time w************************* that would whine if it went away, getting rid of their ability to stack up more hours in a row.

edit- huh, I guess you can't say that. :)

Was in recurrent a week or so ago and one of the iah cp's said the August bid would be flat...said they had 12 retirements so far that have turned in paperwork for the fall

NO, only at CAL. CAL DH's, no other airline does this.

How do you know all the other airlines' contracts? Or is this just what you've heard? I've heard otherwise but I have no way to confirm. Perhaps people from United/Delta/Northwest/USAir could tell us what their companies do.

Latest resources

Back