CAL Recalls in the Spring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HHH

Latest rumor is CAL will begin recalls in the Spring (of this year) and hiring in the Fall. Anyone else hear this (or something else regarding recalls)?

As noted on another thread those that were hired last year but never given class dates have recently received emails from CAL. Any truth to this rumor? If true, does anyone have the actual email that was sent?

Thanks

I have heard so many different rumors lately but I'll tell you, we NEED you guys back....BAD! They were junior manning and rolling days off over the holidays and at one point, I was told by a scheduler, that it's only going to get worse. I hope they bring all you back, ASAP. You never should have been furloughed in the first place.

Stellar move by cal mngmt! Send 150 some guys to the street because alpa won't cave on scope.... oh yea, we kinda need those bodies? well whats six months without a pay check?

$$$$$ down the toilet! What a way to raise moral and get your employees to rally behind the company.

your smoking crack. the crack mgt at cal wants seasonal employees. they will not be recalled until the aug big. 2010 on property

This rumor seems to be getting louder and more frequent. Sounds like it is leaning more to the side of possible fact. Sounds like those furloughed or intersted in getting hired should find out where things might be heading in a few months.... good luck to all. Hiring in the fall would be nice.

Last edited:
It has been confirmed that a letter went out to the guys in the pool stating that although no definite plans for hiring have been made, the company is hopeful to be hiring in late 09. Assuming things stay as they are, which they rarely do, that would probably support a possible start to the recalls in late spring or early summer. Hoping for the best!

This Place Sucks... 6 Crossing a month for $6000... Training and Travel on days off, no work rules But FARs and Flying with CA that think we have it made...
Mesa, ExpressJet and most other regionals have better contracts...
Trust me STAY AWAY
3rd year @ CAL waiting for FedEX, UPS, DL or SWA

With the upcoming scope relaxation on 70-seat flying, CAL will be able to transfer 737 flying to EMB-170/175 aircraft. That will help alleviate the burden on CAL pilots. It's already in the works.

With the upcoming scope relaxation on 70-seat flying, CAL will be able to transfer 737 flying to EMB-170/175 aircraft. That will help alleviate the burden on CAL pilots. It's already in the works.

Come on!! Is that the best you can do? I swear, you, pokemyhole, and instructordude are the lamest flame baiters this place has ever seen! I miss the old days of the Guat and Topgun Mav!

L-A-M-E!

Latest resources

Back