• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Pilot Openers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ever gone to the grocery store, gas station, or gone to the doctor. Yeah you took advantage of someones foreclosure, a car company going out of business, and a crappy laptop. Good luck when you need to service that car, buy gas, hire a plumber, or get the geek squad. Then maybe you'll get a clue.

That is the difference between you and I. I don't just fly planes and thats it, I do my own plumbing and service my own car. Yeah, gas at $2.45 (it was more than that back in late 2007-2008). I bought a Sony laptop (yeah, bad brand huh).

I bet you would be the type to pay a plumber $100 to fix a toilet seal ($3 part). I also would bet that you could not change the oil on your car if you had to.

Take advantage of foreclosures? It is called being smart. The only problem is that you can't figure out how to buy them, you would probably buy a builder closeout and think you are getting a good deal. Besides, if the person that foreclosed on the home really wanted it they would have paid the note (that little piece of paper that says they promise to repay, but thats not important right now).

Hmm, whats left...oh yeah, milk has gone down in price within the last 2 years. I just paid $1.99 for a gallon this week.

Doctor! My co-pay has not changed since I came to CAL in 2005.

Sorry, I think you are wrong on every bullet item. Please proceed to next, I enjoy this.

That is the difference between you and I. I don't just fly planes and thats it, I do my own plumbing and service my own car. Yeah, gas at $2.45 (it was more than that back in late 2007-2008). I bought a Sony laptop (yeah, bad brand huh).

I bet you would be the type to pay a plumber $100 to fix a toilet seal ($3 part). I also would bet that you could not change the oil on your car if you had to.

Take advantage of foreclosures? It is called being smart. The only problem is that you can't figure out how to buy them, you would probably buy a builder closeout and think you are getting a good deal. Besides, if the person that foreclosed on the home really wanted it they would have paid the note (that little piece of paper that says they promise to repay, but thats not important right now).

Hmm, whats left...oh yeah, milk has gone down in price within the last 2 years. I just paid $1.99 for a gallon this week.

Doctor! My co-pay has not changed since I came to CAL in 2005.

Sorry, I think you are wrong on every bullet item. Please proceed to next, I enjoy this.

Classic example of a boy in a bubble, with a little me, me, me added in...

More fun to laugh at him than anything else!!!

Just a baiter who will lie about anything just to get a rise.

Yogi

I can't tell if this is a really sophisticated troll, or what. It's obvious from his posts that Sean is a mercenary, but I find it hard to believe that he is this obtuse about negotiating.

Just in case you're not trolling, Sean, you should let the big boys involved in negotiations handle the strategy. The whole collective bargaining system in the US is so hopelessly biased toward management that it takes a totally unified labor force to wield any leverage. Unfortunately, with the left over scabs and management apologists at Continental, such as yourself, it's going to be a hard slog to achieve a decent agreement. You should let management bargain for themselves and the Association bargain for your (barely deserved) benefits. Don't get in the way of the real men working on your behalf.

It was supposed to be a joke NJcapt.

CAL: one year past amenable date--openers presented.

UAL: ON amenable date--"the process is now under the supervision of the National Mediation Board" because they presented 9 months early.

That about says it all.

When UAL gets a new contract their "carreer expectations" will likely jump. CAL's will still be in the dumps.

Will this affect the seniority integration?

proceed to next, I enjoy this.
That may be the dumbest post I have ever read.

The real men that picketed downtown Houston, oh yeah, that helped a lot!

I guess it did help my QOL, I only flew 10 days since then.

You are a parasite. Please shut up and let the real men and women who affect positive change work diligently to improve your narcissistic life.

It was supposed to be a joke NJcapt.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in my post - I support your statement and was quoting it for emphasis. I volunteered my time for three different Pilot Associations in numerous positions for the benefit of all our pilots, even selfish opportunists like Sean. There will always be pilots like him, but I don't have to like it.

Your pay went up $10 because you're still on the B-scale. Once you transition to A scale wages it will go up $1-3/ yr. And the percentage gain is less and less as your hourly pay goes up. Then there is the fact that you're one of 1200 recently hired pilots. What about the other 2500+ who are at max longevity? They won't be getting raises like your percentage gain.

Now you also need to factor in that you subsidized CAL by coming here and working for the cheapest wages in the Legacy airline industry. So your $10 hr raise isn't really a raise at all, it's just a form of payback for your investment in CAL.

Look, if you don't believe in getting a raise, vote no for the CBA. I don't care. Your vote won't really make a difference because you represent the 1% crowd. That is, only 1% of our pilots right now are satisfied and "happy" as you claim to be. The rest are tired of mgmt's antics and want a return to industry parity NOW.

All I can say is WOW! I am one of Sean's friends, and no I am not a pilot. I have a real job where I work M-F and my raises/career longevity are based on my individual performance, NOT based on seniority.

I came on here after discussing my career with Sean. I was joking with him about how he never works and he told me that some people complain about an airline pilot job, I did not believe him. I guess he is correct.

What amazes me the most is how stupid most of you are. I hope that not all pilots flying the aircrafts that I ride in are not as dumb as most of you. I have read through a lot of messages on this board and I can't believe how you think.

Do any of you know what it is like to work in the real world? I would make fun of Sean for being part of a union, now I see why pilots need a union. You would all be fired from anywhere else for being too stupid.

Wherever you work, I hope the company stays in business so that you can keep your jobs. I seriously doubt most of you could do anything else successfully.

Happy New Year,

Dave Hirshmone

Latest resources

Back