Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SFR

Pilot Guy
I like the idea of a pay raise, but if it is really going to cost $500 million where will the money come from?

CAL did not make $500 million profit for 2009. Would that put us more negative?

Look under the rock you need to burry your head under.

I like the idea of a pay raise, but if it is really going to cost $500 million where will the money come from?

Please stay far away from the negotiations...

P.S. CAL can find 500 Million a year by changing the lav water with a cheaper vendor..

Don't care where it comes from.... Doesn't matter. LK's got that under his pillow...

As a FO I'm sure you do a lot of walk arounds. Ever seen ground equipment that looks like it's 10 years old? Ever seen a dirty airplane? Ever seen an airplane that needs a paint job? Compare this to Airways 737s that look like they just went through re-entry.

The money is there, it's just being put into improvements for the operation. Once our contracts (FAs, mx and pilots) are signed, I bet we start making money again.

As a FO I'm sure you do a lot of walk arounds. Ever seen ground equipment that looks like it's 10 years old? Ever seen a dirty airplane? Ever seen an airplane that needs a paint job? Compare this to Airways 737s that look like they just went through re-entry.

The money is there, it's just being put into improvements for the operation. Once our contracts (FAs, mx and pilots) are signed, I bet we start making money again.

Yeah, but our equipment needs those repairs. Where is the money? Nobody answers my question.

I bet that is what UAL pilots thought when they signed their contract in 2000. I would also bet that is what DAL pilots thought when they signed in May 2001.

Look at UAL now.... DAL took a while to recover, and maybe still hasn't 100% yet.

Eastern.....they are still thinking that.

I am not against a pay raise, I just want to know where the union think the money is hiding. I would really like to know that because I would like to report CAL to the SEC if that is the case.

Yeah, but our equipment needs those repairs. Where is the money? Nobody answers my question.

If you had any education whatsoever, you would understand the concept of 'creative accounting'. For example, if an aircraft is due for a C-check in January, why not pull it in on Dec 30 and use the millions in cost to offset profits for the previous year. There are hundreds of write-offs, special charges, deferred revenue and other accounting loopholes that can be used, especially during employee contract negotiations. Where did CAL find the $$$ to buy the LHR slots? How are the taking new deliveries of aircraft? How are they making a 1 billion dollars of improvements to IAH terminals? Come on and stop with the flamebait, you can't actually be that stupid, or maybe just a company sympathizer...

Yogi

If you had any education whatsoever, you would understand the concept of 'creative accounting'. For example, if an aircraft is due for a C-check in January, why not pull it in on Dec 30 and use the millions in cost to offset profits for the previous year. There are hundreds of write-offs, special charges, deferred revenue and other accounting loopholes that can be used, especially during employee contract negotiations. Where did CAL find the $$$ to buy the LHR slots? How are the taking new deliveries of aircraft? How are they making a 1 billion dollars of improvements to IAH terminals? Come on and stop with the flamebait, you can't actually be that stupid, or maybe just a company sympathizer...

Yogi

And our total cash-on-hand is increasing as well.

Latest resources

Back