• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL or SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you care what your neighbor thinks about your job, I bet you have a corvette in your garage. My neighbor sells treadmills for a living. I am happier than puppy with two peckers to say that I had a overnight in ELP.

wassup, Robbie?

my 'vette is in the shop.............

........getting a foot print gas pedal!

86 che-vette............yeah!

it'll buff out.:laugh:

Absolutely, I care what my neighbors think. Which is why my garage is full of Filipino prostitutes.

It's nice to come back to flightinfo every once in a while and just laugh my a$$ off!!!

Have your cake and eat it too.

Go to Cal. Work smarter, not harder. Make the wife work and have a nicer car than the SWA guy.

The 777 went to some new hires on the bid because people don't want to do long haul. Most of the arguments lean on not wanting to be on a plane for those long hours. To each his own. For me, I'm generally doing long duty days interrupted by several take offs and landings, long sit times, and lots of delays in between. I'm lucky to get a coach meal too.
I bid the 777 because I'm expected to sleep in a bunk during my long day, get fed good food, have good pay efficiency (paid by the flight hour, so long sits are a huge waste to me), generally good layovers, and I'll be timed out for the week when I get back. Also, on short call reserve, I can expect to fly about once a month. That's very appealing to me since I've been doing 90 hours a month for the last year.
The decision between CAL and SWA is very subjective since we all look for different things. Either choice, you'll win.

Go to Cal. Work smarter, not harder.

Some guys here work smarter then others. Don't kid yourself. Recently met a 5 year FO that made 230,000. He gives away all his trips then picks up only 2X trips. Anything with deadhead... we get 1 for 1 on the deadheads. Plus, there is no cap here, like some airlines. You can get whatever you want here.

If you care what your neighbor thinks about your job, I bet you have a corvette in your garage. My neighbor sells treadmills for a living. I am happier than puppy with two peckers to say that I had a overnight in ELP.

Back off the vette comments man. I'm getting a complex:laugh:

Some guys here work smarter then others. Don't kid yourself. Recently met a 5 year FO that made 230,000. He gives away all his trips then picks up only 2X trips. Anything with deadhead... we get 1 for 1 on the deadheads. Plus, there is no cap here, like some airlines. You can get whatever you want here.

Have a good friend at SWA he claims his w2 cleared 185,000 on FO pay (good for him) He does that pickup trips at 2X thing,he is big into the company Kool Aid.

Another buddy pulled up his "board" and found he had at the most 9 days off in any month. No wonder his idea of vacation is a 3 day weekend in Galveston.

I prefer to work to live not live to work.

Latest resources

Back