• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL mess

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was awarded a 6 day trip (757) starting 31JUL and ending 5AUG only to have it stripped away by schedulers because PBS failed to calculate my international legality for the awarded trip.

So, guess what? 6 RX (reserve availability) days for me, 58% on the equipment and I am awarded a line with reserve days. So I go to the union, then management, and both agree that I did not do anything wrong but, sorry, it is my problem to resolve.

My chief pilot was the most help of all parties involved, at least he didn't try to tell me how RX days really aren't such a bad deal as the union rep did.

Why do we continue to pay dues to this pathetic union? I think we have ALPA primarily to allow the scabs to carry an ALPA card to make them feel legitimized and exonerated of their past sins. This is the most pathetic excuse of a union I have ever seen, at least since Tran States. This document called a contract is a joke.

Do any of you understand how foolish these posts look/are?

No. You don't.

This has been going on Ad Infinitum.

MANAGEMENT sits back and laughs.

Fools.

Glad I am gone from this Industry...Ship of Fools.

YKMKR

Any time you'd like to exit this board as well, feel free to do so.... Thanks for your time in responding to this thread.

Yours truly,

IAHERJ

CAs flying time and half as FOs has extended into August. Looks like this is how they solve their pilot shortage through August.

Many FOs still holding the line.

I'm bottom third and WILL NOT DO ANY FAVORS for this place. Go ahead and furlough me...I'm absolutely fatigued and could use a break!

Actually, I have been watching the saviors picking up trips. Very few scabs, numerous mid to late 90 hire pilots flying in the right seat. There also have been a lot of Instructors that were not from that "era". I have also noted a lot of vjm with junior first officers with the scarlet J in the reserve pool.

Kugel your ALPA/SCAB rant and correlation makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I think the SCABS are all acting with an "I told you so" attitude about ALPA and none of them seem to care about atonement or forgiveness. After witnessing the total disaster and horrific representation that has been laced with scandals with ALPA, I tend to agree with their views about ALPA. Which by the way are the same as yours.

At some point our pilots are going to have to stop looking at the SCAB scapegoat for the problems within CAL ALPA and ALPA in general. The union has become completely impotent and dysfunctional. It starts at the top with ALPA National with grossly out of touch leadership combined with a bloated organizational structure paying salaries that are shocking and insulting to the membership.

The problems continue with a weak MEC that seems more willing to partner with management then protect it's own internal customers. Then, we now have entrenched pilots on trip loss that will do anything to avoid going back to flying the line.

look at all the resignations lately. We are losing very good people because those running the club don't care about true unionists. They only care about themselves.

Last edited:
If you chose to commute then you do it to yourself.

Ohhh, I don't even work for CAL and this statement has me P/O'd. As someone who has moved a family for an airline, I can tell you it is the riskiest thing you can do. I know for a fact there were guys at CAL who moved to LA and DEN for the airline. Guess where it got them? Another uprooting of the family. How about the AA guys who moved their families to RDU or BNA? Or DAL guys who moved to DFW? And so on...and so on...

I have one friend, who is a regular here on flightinfo, who witnessed the closing of no less than five bases while he was at a regional. Was commuting really a choice for him?

I have one friend, who is a regular here on flightinfo, who witnessed the closing of no less than five bases while he was at a regional. Was commuting really a choice for him?

Yes, but we all know that he was the reason all those bases closed. I mean, IAD, PWM, PVD and BDL could have all been coincidence. But it took the master base-closer to kill the micro-hub.

I'm still waiting for NetJets to announce that they will no longer airline people out of central Florida.

Yes, but we all know that he was the reason all those bases closed. I mean, IAD, PWM, PVD and BDL could have all been coincidence. But it took the master base-closer to kill the micro-hub.

I'm still waiting for NetJets to announce that they will no longer airline people out of central Florida.

Too bad he didn't stick around long enough to get credit for killing PLB, that would have been the ulitimate achievement.

I am on the bottom third and want to say first and foremost that I will not EVER be a VJM not even when we are staffed correctly. Second, I dont give a rats ass about the A plan as I don't have one. Its not my concern. If your worried about it, take the early out and your lump sum. I'm tired of hearing old crusty senior guys talking about their toys non stop and then worrying about their A plans all the while knowing that I might be facing a furlough. I have a very hard time feeling sorry for you. You should have planned better!

Lastly, I already know how I'm voting on this next contract and its NO! I spent a long time and a lot of money to get to this point and its time for a return on my investment. I don't think we are going to get much of an improvement at all considering how inept our MEC and NC are and if thats the case then I will be very vocal in doing what I can to get rid of ALPA. They are supposed to work for us, at this poing ALPA National exists only for itself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back