• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL mess

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone tell me what happened to the CAL pilots who have upgraded in the last 3 years? Have they all been or will they all be displaced to FO's? Are any displacements occuring?

Well, the most junior captains are on the 737 EWR hired in mid Sept. 2005.

They are still on reserve.

Aug 08, 2008 all the volunteer stuff is due. (COLA, Early Retirements, Reduced Flying). I believe the system bid will be out shortly after that date.

Complaining that a less than a 3 year CA is on RSV at a legacy??????? They are lucky that they aren't still on RSV as a FO... much less a CA. Stop wanking....

tail

It is funny how some people read way too much into a post. Someone asked a question and I answered it. I thought the question was a coincidence since I had just checked.

I also hope I am wise enough to know, if you upgrade with less than 3 years seniority at a legacy airline you are probably gonna be on reserve for some time! I am guessing at least 4-6 years, but who the heck knows.

and dude, what the hell is, "wanking" ?

Funny thing is that this month I ended up getting the best schedule on the 757/767 I have had since last November in IAH. 15 days off with all weekends off and only 75 hours of flying. I'd vote this PBS crap off property today given the choice though. You just never know what kind of schedule you will end up with unless you are in the top 30% of your aircraft and seat... I really hope we don't have guys helping the company out on the 737 in August picking up open trips and volunteering for junior manning assignments for $. Time will tell
IAHERJ

Finally! Some, a little, and recognizable to management, unity. They offered voluntary junior man at 150% pay to all mainland 737 FOs. And in less than 24 hours they could see it wasn't going to happen. I got two calls into voice mail tonight to junior man. So late today their offer got bumped to any captain who voluntarily junior mans to an FO trip will get 150% pay. Paying two captains per 737 for x trips over the next five days will clearly get the beancounters' attention. All they see is the bottom line, and this is bottom line stuff. It may not last, but it is nice to see, for once, at CAL.

Let's make August a "NWA August." 150% for everything over 80 hours, for everyone. With average lines over 90 hours in some seats, maybe the pinch would be enough not to furlough.

Latest resources

Back